SportsWrath

Realistically, who do you see the Mets signing this offseason?

Dragon

Arod

Torri Hunter

Andruw Jones

:)

Ok seriously, hmm thats a tough one. I would like pitching and a new catcher. I really wish Pudge's option was not picked up because I think he would fit in well here batting 2nd or 7th in this lineup. I would like some pen help and of course some starting pitching, but that is hard to find. I think the Mets have to give rotation spots to Pelfrey and Humber and hope for the best if they cannot get an ace. Pitching has to be developed now and when teams are lucky enough to find aces, they just do not deal them anymore. I think a rotation of Pedro, Maine, Perez, Pelfrey and Humber could be good with a better bullpen. A return of Duaner Sanchez would be nice as well, but doubtful. I also think El Duque can kind of be that outside 6th starter/long man early on in the season so that hopefully you can have him more healthy for the 2nd half when you might have to lean on him more. They depemded on him too much in the first 4 months in 06 and 07 and he was shot by September. I think with the landscape of starting pitching thin, Omar needs to concentrate on bullpen help. Pelfrey showed me stuff the last 6 weeks with some good starts and I think he deserves a shot.

BTW, if Mariano becomes available, I sign him as fast as you can say Wagner Big game Blown save. What to do with Wagner? I am so confident that he sucks ass, I would actually trade him to the Braves and PAY his entire salary, Thats a win win in my estimation.

Arod

Torri Hunter

Andruw Jones

:)

Ok seriously, hmm thats a tough one. I would like pitching and a new catcher. I really wish Pudge's option was not picked up because I think he would fit in well here batting 2nd or 7th in this lineup. I would like some pen help and of course some starting pitching, but that is hard to find. I think the Mets have to give rotation spots to Pelfrey and Humber and hope for the best if they cannot get an ace. Pitching has to be developed now and when teams are lucky enough to find aces, they just do not deal them anymore. I think a rotation of Pedro, Maine, Perez, Pelfrey and Humber could be good with a better bullpen. A return of Duaner Sanchez would be nice as well, but doubtful. I also think El Duque can kind of be that outside 6th starter/long man early on in the season so that hopefully you can have him more healthy for the 2nd half when you might have to lean on him more. They depemded on him too much in the first 4 months in 06 and 07 and he was shot by September. I think with the landscape of starting pitching thin, Omar needs to concentrate on bullpen help. Pelfrey showed me stuff the last 6 weeks with some good starts and I think he deserves a shot.

BTW, if Mariano becomes available, I sign him as fast as you can say Wagner Big game Blown save. What to do with Wagner? I am so confident that he sucks ass, I would actually trade him to the Braves and PAY his entire salary, Thats a win win in my estimation.

I have been waiting years for the Mets rotation to get young, with guys who can actually throw a fastball by hitters when they have to. I would not mind having those 4, plus Pedro to start the year, as long as Minaya works his ass off to bolster the 'pen. A new catcher would be nice. I think we should keep Castillo as well. He's not the player he once was, but he's much better than anyone we've had play 2nd base in a while. Alou should come back for another year. He's an outstanding hitter. I've never seen someone hit the ball consistently hard as he does. I like our outfield, minus Green, with Beltran, Milledge, and Alou (Chavez, Gomez). I just hope that Delgado had an off year, and he returns to form. And Marlon Anderson MUST remain a Met for life!!

And I'm not blaming him for anything, but Rickey Henderson has to go. :TD: