SportsWrath

Why?

Ggirl

It's a tough job in a game of inches with bang, bang plays, homerun balls hitting the edge of the walls over 300 some odd feet away, and homeruns going over foul poles. Fuck instant replay but bad officiating, so long as it isn't blatant cheating on someone's part, is part of the game.

The Great Gary Cohen (Leader of the Jew Crew) believes that homeruns should be the only thing subject to instant replay in MLB.

i agree with that. and they should replace those rotary phones in the dugouts, too. looks like they are calling pitchers from 1963. :)

Both of those were homeruns though.

I'm not sure which homeruns you are referring to,

but I am talking about the Phillies game against the Indians. Ball hits the top of the wall, bounces back into play...Homerun for the Indians. In an earlier season game, Pat Burrell hits a ball in CBP, hits the top of the wall, bounces back into play...double.

:furious: Make it consistent all around both leagues...that's all I want.

i agree with that. and they should replace those rotary phones in the dugouts, too. looks like they are calling pitchers from 1963. :)

But the AL average ERA was 3.63 and the NL was 3.29 compared to 4.56 and 4.49. I know, different eras and all that...but still...this is the best I could do without bullpen statistics from 1963.

I'm not sure which homeruns you are referring to,

but I am talking about the Phillies game against the Indians. Ball hits the top of the wall, bounces back into play...Homerun for the Indians. In an earlier season game, Pat Burrell hits a ball in CBP, hits the top of the wall, bounces back into play...double.

:furious: Make it consistent all around both leagues...that's all I want.

I was watching that game (I recently got the MLB Package) and

to my view anyway it was a home run.

The other homerun I was referring to was the one that David Wright

hit against you guys, that was a home run. Even if the umps saw the replay

at the jumbothon. :rolleyes:

The other homerun I was referring to was the one that David Wright

hit against you guys, that was a home run. Even if the umps saw the replay

at the jumbothon. :rolleyes:

Nothing was gonna help you in that series....hehe :P

And for what it's worth, I am not disputing the HR by the Indians. I do however think that the call not given to Burrell (regardless of my love for him) was wrong. It was the same hit...with a different result. Just be consistent for cryin' out loud.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus......they just did it again!!

CBP....Reds hit a ball that bounces off the top of the wall, and back into play. Dobbs catches it, after it falls back down. Umpire calls it a frickin' HOME RUN!!!

Last night, same scenario....only it was a Phillie that hit it. They called it a double.

The umpires just met, and changed the call. Double.

This is a joke. :furious: