SportsWrath

QB Qualifications

US Patriot

Mel says that there are 3 qualifications used to judge a qb. They are: 1-Aptitude, 2-Leadership. 3-Accuracy.

If we used these factors to rate Elisha now (as they should have been used by Awful Accorsi when he made the trade for him), what rateing would you give him. (0-useless to 10-greatest ever). Here the numbers I give him.

Apititude = 5, Leadership=4. Accuracy=5. In other words, he is only an average player and useful only as a "back-up". Will you other members please give your opinion. Thank you. :clap:

Mel says that there are 3 qualifications used to judge a qb. They are: 1-Aptitude, 2-Leadership. 3-Accuracy.

If we used these factors to rate Elisha now (as they should have been used by Awful Accorsi when he made the trade for him), what rateing would you give him. (0-useless to 10-greatest ever). Here the numbers I give him.

Apititude = 5, Leadership=4. Accuracy=5. In other words, he is only an average player and useful only as a "back-up". Will you other members please give your opinion. Thank you. :clap:

I don't see how a true Giants fan can bash our franchise QB with ease. Who in the past decade have we had that's better than Eli? What were your feelings about Eli in April 2004? If I recall correctly, those of you who opposed acqurining Eli wanted to draft Robert Gallery.

Then answer me this question: If you hate Eli so much, who would you rather have there (besides his brother)?

I don't see how a true Giants fan can bash our franchise QB with ease. Who in the past decade have we had that's better than Eli? What were your feelings about Eli in April 2004? If I recall correctly, those of you who opposed acqurining Eli wanted to draft Robert Gallery.

Then answer me this question: If you hate Eli so much, who would you rather have there (besides his brother)?

Excellent point!

But those were the SAME folks that said we should have kept Kurt Warner and draft Sean Taylor.

Or the Robert Gallery arguement.

Danny Kanell

Kent Graham

Kerry Collins

Kurt Warner

ELI MANNING

My answer: Big Ben who won a Super Bowl and the 1st round pick we gave away for Elisha. As far as bashing goes, what has he done for the Giants that merits great praise?

This can be so tiresome...the so called Giant fan that bashes EVERY pick that the Giants make. Bash every trade....bash every cut, bash every other thing the Giants do. I am confused???
Not so confused that you also think that we should have drafted Big Ben (winner of a Super Bowl) and kept the 1st round draft pick that we gave away. BTw, I don't bash every pick, cut, or every other thing the Giants do. I admit I bashed Awful Accorsi, Toxic Tom and Mara/Tisch with good reasons. The record of the Giants supports these negative comments by me. :)

My answer: Big Ben who won a Super Bowl and the 1st round pick we gave away for Elisha. As far as bashing goes, what has he done for the Giants that merits great praise?

When did Big Ben win a Super Bowl? I coulda sworn that Super Bowls were won by teams and not individual players. The Steelers won the Super Bowl, and if I recall Big Ben posted the WORST QB Rating in Super Bowl history. He was put in a much better situation, with a much better coaching staff, a defense that doesn't blow leads or spoil comebacks, and a helluva lot lower expectations. Also, regardless of the result, (You know there was Defensive PI on the Giants last offensive play) Eli out played Big Ben in their only meeting.

Has he become a superstar? Not yet. Is it time to give up on a QB after only 3 full seasons? No.

When did Big Ben win a Super Bowl? I coulda sworn that Super Bowls were won by teams and not individual players. The Steelers won the Super Bowl, and if I recall Big Ben posted the WORST QB Rating in Super Bowl history. He was put in a much better situation, with a much better coaching staff, a defense that doesn't blow leads or spoil comebacks, and a helluva lot lower expectations. Also, regardless of the result, (You know there was Defensive PI on the Giants last offensive play) Eli out played Big Ben in their only meeting.

Has he become a superstar? Not yet. Is it time to give up on a QB after only 3 full seasons? No.

Glad to see you admit that the coaching staff of the Steelers and their defense was superior to the Giants. Let me ask you this; whose fault was that? I say the fault belongs to Mara/Tisch and Awful Accorsi for keeping Toxic Tom and his choosen assistants. Also, please comment on the giving up of a first round pick to get Eli.

Big Ben had a team around him and a Defense that actually stopped opponents. Look at the Giants offensive #s under Eli and compare them to any Giants offensive #s dating back to when I was.. fuck I wasn't even born.

Then get Eli a receiver who won't quit on plays and a tight end who doesn't whine like a bitch everytime a ball doesn't hit him between the eyes.

I think what some of you naysayers hate about Eli is that he's a class act. Look I love the kid wearing #10 for us. I'll go to my grave cheering him on.

There's more to a football team than a QB. Look at Eli's father. His team let him down... and now look at the Giants... mr False Start Luke... Mr. I let Pacman Jones intercept a ball because I quit.. and I was tackled when someone touched my towel plax.. Hey, there's no I in team. Shockey and Plax need to learn that. I have so much desdain for Plax that i've been calling for a Randy Moss swap... I believe that Randy Moss is pound for pound better than Plax. Shockey? What the fuck has he done since his rookie year? Pro-bowls or not he's not been the superstar we expected him to be.. he's been mediocre at best. Then look at our defense...they suck.

So now, I ask you.. who would you rather have? And don't tell me Big Ben please.. Eli is the Better QB hands down.

Not so confused that you also think that we should have drafted Big Ben (winner of a Super Bowl) and kept the 1st round draft pick that we gave away. BTw, I don't bash every pick, cut, or every other thing the Giants do. I admit I bashed Awful Accorsi, Toxic Tom and Mara/Tisch with good reasons. The record of the Giants supports these negative comments by me. :)

Granted the Giants haven't been the NE Patriots for the past 8 yrs BUT...some of us act like this Giants Org is worse than the Arizona Cardinals. Take a look at the Cardinals for example over the last 8 yrs. AND you will find a losing record EVERY year since.

And look at it positively. The 1st round pick we gave away saved the Giants a lil money. Enabled the G men to sign an impact WR (Burress) and a impact LB (Pierce). Although you might say those two aren't Merriman and whoever was picked in the SD deal....but who can predict what rookie the Giants would have picked or how he would pan out in a Giants uni???

Glad to see you admit that the coaching staff of the Steelers and their defense was superior to the Giants. That's a no brainer.

Let me ask you this; whose fault was that? I say the fault belongs to Mara/Tisch and Awful Accorsi for keeping Toxic Tom and his choosen assistants. I didn't want Coughlin to coach this team in the first place. I always thought that he was an idiot.

Also, please comment on the giving up of a first round pick to get Eli. You can't make an complete analysis on a guy and his trade value after three years, when you expect him to lead the team for fifteen years. Especially when you have factors like Coughlin (and his inability to put together a solid gameplan, and reluctancy to change a plan that doesn't work), Hufnagle (who wouldn't stick with a plan when it worked i.e. running Jacobs in the Titans game), and Lewis (who made our defense completely pathetic). Not to mention all of the distractions that this team had to deal with over the last few years.

I know that watching Merriman in San Diego makes it seem like it was too much to give up, but you have to question if we were going to draft Merriman. Knowing our FO we would've passed on him for someone else. You can really only make a fair assessment on the trade when Eli hits his prime.

I know that watching Merriman in San Diego makes it seem like it was too much to give up, but you have to question if we were going to draft Merriman. Knowing our FO we would've passed on him for someone else. You can really only make a fair assessment on the trade when Eli hits his prime.

NO offense to you, but bringing up Merriman makes no sense for a number of reasons, one being the obvious one you mentioned that there was no guarantee that we take him anyway if everything breaks the way it did(having the 10th pick), but more importantly there is no guarantee that if we do not take ELI that we don't go say 7-9 with Collins or Warner as the starter(while Rivers or Ben sits for a year) or say 10-6 and we are nowhere near the top 10. If the Giants knew that everything would break the way it did in 2004, we would finish 6-10, we would have the 10th pick in the draft and the guy that will be there is a potential 10 year all pro linebacker, maybe we think differently.

Something tells me the Browns were not thinking of guys like Shawn Merriman when they made their deal yesterday with the Boys.

NO offense to you, but bringing up Merriman makes no sense for a number of reasons, one being the obvious one you mentioned that there was no guarantee that we take him anyway if everything breaks the way it did(having the 10th pick), but more importantly there is no guarantee that if we do not take ELI that we don't go say 7-9 with Collins or Warner as the starter(while Rivers or Ben sits for a year) or say 10-6 and we are nowhere near the top 10. If the Giants knew that everything would break the way it did in 2004, we would finish 6-10, we would have the 10th pick in the draft and the guy that will be there is a potential 10 year all pro linebacker, maybe we think differently.

Something tells me the Browns were not thinking of guys like Shawn Merriman when they made their deal yesterday with the Boys.

The reason I brought up Merriman is because that is who was selected with our pick (The one that US Patriot was asking me to comment on) and because of that everyone (meaning analysts) says that he's the player we gave up for Eli. No one takes into account that we weren't looking at a LB in that draft.