SportsWrath

3 strikes you're out rule

Nesta

3 Strikes opinion poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of the 3 strikes rule?

• Yes
    • No

The players of all people are suggesting a 3 strike rule.

Recent off-field incidents involving NFL players have the league's own athletes suggesting a "three strikes, you're out" conduct policy, NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

"That surprised me," Upshaw said. "But there was a feeling in the room that the same guy can't be in the wrong place at the wrong time three or four times."

The suggestion came out of a four-hour meeting of the league conduct advisory committee, held in Indianapolis, the site of the NFL Scouting Combine. Further discussion of such a policy will be taken up by the league's competition committee at the NFL owners' meetings in March, Mortensen reported.

In a story on the Cincinnati Bengals' team Web site, the meeting was described as a power lunch that included NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, owners Dan Rooney of the Steelers and Pat Bowlen of the Broncos, and current players invited to talk about off-field problems facing players.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, NFLPA President Troy Vincent, Steve Smith, DeAngelo Hall and Jeff Saturday were present, as were LenDale White, Ernie Conwell, Jason Witten, Ken Hamlin and Kevin Carter. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis also attended.

Upshaw said he was surprised by the hard line on misbehavior taken by the players in attendance.

The players of all people are suggesting a 3 strike rule.

Have no problem with it as it seems to be a groundswell from the players themselves. Also there should be some type of appeals process put in place if some cat gets his three strikes. That way it can always be said that the individual was given all consideration above and beyond what the policy dictates. The rest of us have to take responsibility for our actions or we are out of our respective jobs....so again I have no problem with it. :TU:

I say 1 and done

this isn't high school anymore so just dont fuck up the first time . be whatever it is, guns you are not soposed to have , drugs/buying/selling/using , Dui/Dwi, rape, steroids, hip hop/rap music on your mp3 player.

you get no second chance

fuck up - fuck you - theres the door

I say 1 and done

this isn't high school anymore so just dont fuck up the first time . be whatever it is, guns you are not soposed to have , drugs/buying/selling/using , Dui/Dwi, rape, steroids, hip hop/rap music on your mp3 player.

you get no second chance

fuck up - fuck you - theres the door

Lug you are hard corp....fucking love it. :LMAO::clap: . But I would want some type of appeals process...because most of us are not one and done in the real world. I want to make it similar to the type of sanctions that regular Joe's would face not harder. But then again if the players decided that one strike and that is all she wrote then so be it.