SportsWrath

Jason Allen

parlintm

A lot of people seem to have the same general idea, assuming the cap goes up: Sign Madison or other good CB, with other money get best DT we can afford.

Draft in round 1 best available LB (still up in the air who it will be). Then we can go a few different directions. It sounds as if people are pretty high on Jason Allen. I agree, he's gonna be a solid NFL player. But I don't think he will be available when we pick in the second round. I think he's middle second round. What do people think about trading up to get him?

wait for him to fall to us, if webster fell to us last year, i dont see how allen couldnt fall. than again, if he doesn't there are plenty of other solid players to choose from.

Heres the thing:

If we sign Madison and a good DT and then draft a LB with our first round pick we dont really have any NEEDS. I think our weakest position becomes FS, where Butler might have the potential to be a good player but he hasnt proved it yet. Drafting a FS that can realistically compete for that job would greatly improve the chances of us having a good player at that position. I believe Allen can step in from day 1 and compete for that spot. I dont think there are any safeties of his caliber that might be even near available in the late second round I'd be for it... but I dont know of anybody.

take the best player available no matter what the need is. look at how it paid off with the cheifs taking larry johnson and the eagles taking sheldon brown and lito sheppard when the positions were filled with very capable players. there's just a bigger picture. rookies, especially in the secondary, are usually more of a liability than a strength anyway.

A lot of people seem to have the same general idea, assuming the cap goes up: Sign Madison or other good CB, with other money get best DT we can afford.

Draft in round 1 best available LB (still up in the air who it will be). Then we can go a few different directions. It sounds as if people are pretty high on Jason Allen. I agree, he's gonna be a solid NFL player. But I don't think he will be available when we pick in the second round. I think he's middle second round. What do people think about trading up to get him?

It's looking more like Jason Allen will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round. I'm a fan of his college teammate, LB Omar Gaither. I don't know where teams have him ranked, but he can flat out play.