SportsWrath

What 2nd Baseman Do You Want Next Year?

Plax 4 Prez

I think Ray Ray (Durham) would make a great addition to the Mets. Check out his numbers. Decent fielder, switch hitter with power.

We will probably end up with someone like him. Everyone thinks we're getting a top notch guy like Soriano (who will decline from his fluke season) when pitching is where we're going to spend our money.

do you think Chavez could play 2nd?

any chance of that?

Is that a joke, are you high, or just incredibly stupid?

Chavez has never been an infielder and is an incredible outfielder. Why would you move him? Second, Chavez is a lefty and I don't think there has ever been a lefty throwing 2nd baseman, 3rd baseman, or shortstop.

You can sign Lugo as a back up for Reyes, but I would sign Soriano and keep Valentine. Lugo isn't going to come all that cheap, and I've never been that impressed with him.

Who is Valentine? Bobby? No thanks he has not been a good second basemen in nearly 30 years, that crash into the wall fucked him up.

Soriano? No thank you, maybe in LF, but infield defense is important on this team and he is a butcher.

My money? Mark Loretta. Good situational hitter, makes contact, can hit a runner over and as an 8th place hitter can be a nice bookend to LoDuca in the 2 hole as a guy who will make contact.

If we get can get a nice slugger in the six spot and sign Loretta, I would love this lineup.

1. Reyes

2. Lo Duca

3. Beltran

4. Delgado

5. Wright

6. TBD (Not green and Floyd)

7. Chavez

8. Loretta

9. Pitcher

And with some FA signings for our starting rotation and bullpen, this would be an awesome team.

If we get can get a nice slugger in the six spot and sign Loretta, I would love this lineup.

1. Reyes

2. Lo Duca

3. Beltran

4. Delgado

5. Wright

6. TBD (Not green and Floyd)

7. Chavez

8. Loretta

9. Pitcher

And with some FA signings for our starting rotation and bullpen, this would be an awesome team.

Doesnt matter Green will be here in 07. So might aswell pencil him in like any other.