SportsWrath

Everybody hates Lastings

Exit 117

http://www.metsblog.com/blog/_archives/200...30/2375377.html

11:14 AM - News: Milledge is Not Popular in Mets Clubhouse

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...

In Newsday, David Lennon notes that a sign that read, “KNOW YOUR PLACE, ROOK!,” signed by, “YOUR TEAMMATES,” hung above Lastings Milledge’s locker following last night’s win…

Lennon goes on to write…

“Milledge, as usual, ate dinner alone seated at his locker, facing inward, as the rest of the Mets crowded the clubhouse cafeteria. Someone had hidden Milledge's street clothes, and one player thought they had been replaced by a dress.”…

According to Lennon, Milledge ‘mouthed off’ to a veteran teammate in Atlanta…

…yikes…

…well, this is good, right…i mean, check him and if he keeps doing whatever it is he is clearly doing then the team will know what the kid is all about…if he gets the message and behave as wish he would then it’s a win-win…

…i hope…

Yikes. Not good.

I must admit this kid hasn't nowhere proved his hype, but it's still early... it looks like he swings at EVERYTHING!! but when he's on base he's lethal, everyone has seen his quickness, and he has a nice arm in the outfield, but he's obvisouly un-professional... if we seriously wanted to win the WS this year we should've traded him for a good pitcher, but even if we did they might've turned into a Zambrano clone, so I really don't know where to go with this subject so I'll shut up :ph34r:

bet that was LoDuca acting like that. LoDuca is a wiseass and was a minor leaguer until 27 and is probably very hard on young guys that get there early and seem to take it for granted.

Here is some advice, instead of teasing Lastings Milledge how about supporting him and taking some practice swings vs left handed pitching. :furious:

I think this situation is overblown. This happens to all rookies with a little bit of attitude. Milledge is the Mets version of Shockey. For some reason the media doesn't like him and love to paint the picture that he is a punk. If you read the article on Mets.com about this, Willie says he is a good kid and the media try to make him out to be a bad egg. The media sucks. Just look what they did with the TO situation this week. Sickening.

I think this situation is overblown. This happens to all rookies with a little bit of attitude. Milledge is the Mets version of Shockey. For some reason the media doesn't like him and love to paint the picture that he is a punk. If you read the article on Mets.com about this, Willie says he is a good kid and the media try to make him out to be a bad egg. The media sucks. Just look what they did with the TO situation this week. Sickening.

No Milledge is Plax. He seems like his type. Weird attitude, that lazy way of trying to catch the ball (second career game, the ball hit right at him, made a lazy attempt to catch it and dropped it). He just seems like a Plax type.

Yeah thats fine. And he may have a lazy type attitude just looking at him, but I think he is still learning his way in the big leagues. That's why his team mates did this. It just really annoys me that its the fuckin media who decides who people like and don't like based on the spin they put in their articles. If they don't like the guy, they turn them into bad seeds.