SportsWrath

changes need to be made

parlintm

The win was great but there were some glaring problems that I think need to be addressed and some things that could be done differently on both sides of the ball:

Defense:

Blitz -- Where was the blitz?? This has been brought up a lot so I'm not going to harp on it too much. Most of the time that we brought the heat Donovan either threw the ball away or into the ground. This D is built to pressure the QB, not sit back in zone coverage. I just don't get it. We need a sytem that is built to the strengths of our players and the one I saw yesterday certainly wasn't the case. Sam Madison cant cover someone forever. Mcnabb had way too much time to pick apart our defense. 300 yards in the first half is ridiculous. If we don't drastically change our gameplan next week on D I will be very disappointed with our coaches.

Substitutions -- We saw a fair amount of Kiwi at DE and he seemed fresh and was the only player (other than Strahan late) who could consistently get to Mcnabb. The commentators kept talking about how deep the Eagles were and how they were able to stay fresh throughout the game. Well we have 4 quality DE's and I'd like to see more of Kiwi and Tuck --- not just at the end of the game.

Same goes for LB. Pierce is the only one that should stay in every down. Id like to see more of Wilkerson, Short and Blackburn occasionally to keep our LB's fresh.

Our Defense is deep and built to blitz. We didnt take advantage of either of these strengths vs. the eagles.

OFFENSE:

Hurry up O -- Eli was smooth and comfortable when we went no huddle. It kept the Eagles off balance and Eli said that he was only running a few plays. Lets use this intermittendly to wear out the defense.

Thunder and Lightning -- Why did BJ only come in during OT?? He's running for over 5 yards per carry and should be getting the ball more often -- especially given Tiki's sub-par performance. We have 2 great backs that compliment each other perfectly. Id like to see more of Jacobs, especially in the second half. He's very difficult to bring down as we all know, and for a tired defense the last thing they want to see is a nimble 265 lb. back. Seattle has quick but small LBers.... lets let BJ pound the rock down their throats to open holes for Tiki.

Shockey -- Granted he's injured, but if he's too hurt to make the plays that he's capable of he should not be playing. Now is the time to sit him. If we have any hope of going deep in the playoffs we're going to need this guy. If he's fine enough to play we need to get him the ball. He's too good and too much of a threat to go catchless for most of the game. He's an emotional player who builds up confidence and emotion as he makes plays. IF he's healthy we need to call his number more often to get him involved in the offense and get this group fired up.

SPECIAL TEAMS --

Returns -- Morton is simply not cutting it. He's not the player he once was. When Mccquarters stepped in there was a clear spark that wasnt there w/ Morton. I dont care who we use but Morton has got to go.

Overall, I was thrilled that we came away w/ the win. We were very fortunate and cannot become at all complacent. We were lucky to win a game in which we played terribly for 3 quarters. This team has a lot of work to do. I thought the coaches made some good adjustments at halftime but they need to make some in their gameplan for the rest of the season. The way we played the EAgles wont cut it.

I agree with everything except maybe Morton, he wasn't great but I thought he was on the verge of breaking one a few times.

Im willing to give him until the bye to show me something -- but really other than his punt return for a TD last year he hasnt been good.

He's not too bad at punt returns and im willing to stick him out there but he just doesnt have the shear speed needed for kick returns. Id like to see Jenninngs get a shot at kickoffs.

Im willing to give him until the bye to show me something -- but really other than his punt return for a TD last year he hasnt been good.

He's not too bad at punt returns and im willing to stick him out there but he just doesnt have the shear speed needed for kick returns. Id like to see Jenninngs get a shot at kickoffs.

Yeah i'd like to see Jennings in on KR.