SportsWrath

New York Giants Notebook: 08-27-06

SportsPageMike

Thanks, Mike.

You know, this might not be a popular opinion, but I'm almost pissed that Emmons is back now. Between him being out most of training camp and thereby not really being ready, thinking that he's the starter when he hasn't really shown anything at the position (other than a couple of games last year, before he was yet again injured), plus younger guys worthy of practice time during the season, I'm not sure I'd want him back.

Short and Wilkinson have shown themselves to be an adequate backup/starter combination; with only the depth ranking in question.

I was thrilled to have Emmons here a couple of years ago. But the guy is constantly playing hurt, or is out. I'm sure that he winds up staying, because Coughlin is conservative, but I'd rather see him gone, and the space used for a younger guy.

Thanks, Mike.

You know, this might not be a popular opinion, but I'm almost pissed that Emmons is back now. Between him being out most of training camp and thereby not really being ready, thinking that he's the starter when he hasn't really shown anything at the position (other than a couple of games last year, before he was yet again injured), plus younger guys worthy of practice time during the season, I'm not sure I'd want him back.

Short and Wilkinson have shown themselves to be an adequate backup/starter combination; with only the depth ranking in question.

I was thrilled to have Emmons here a couple of years ago. But the guy is constantly playing hurt, or is out. I'm sure that he winds up staying, because Coughlin is conservative, but I'd rather see him gone, and the space used for a younger guy.

I couldn't agree more. I've been predicting he'd be cut all along. If we have all other LBs (no one gets injured between now and the the beginning of the seaons), I say Emmons must go.