SportsWrath

9697's question for the day

Guest MontyPython

Guest MontyPython

Straight from 9697's keyboard (airlifted from another thread not in this section)

Here I am , with this question - Strahan, Osi, Kiwanuka, Tuck - is there a team in the league stronger at DE than the Giants ? I think not

very good 9697

I am in agreement with you, altho Rucker & co from Carolina might argue..or Taylor and Co from Miami

but yes, our 4 are very good indeed.

and perhaps, the makings of the 4 best EVER NYG DE's assembled?

hmm, Len Marshall, George Martin, Eric Dorsey, John Washington and Erik Howard (he played DE as well in 1986) might argue from that 1986 team

..or Jack Gregory, Troy Archer, George Martin, Dave Gallagher and Rick Dvorak (whom???) might argue that their 1976 collection of DE's were tops.

Straight from 9697's keyboard (airlifted from another thread not in this section)

Here I am , with this question - Strahan, Osi, Kiwanuka, Tuck - is there a team in the league stronger at DE than the Giants ? I think not

very good 9697

I am in agreement with you, altho Rucker & co from Carolina might argue..or Taylor and Co from Miami

but yes, our 4 are very good indeed.

and perhaps, the makings of the 4 best EVER NYG DE's assembled?

hmm, Len Marshall, George Martin, Eric Dorsey, John Washington and Erik Howard (he played DE as well in 1986) might argue from that 1986 team

..or Jack Gregory, Troy Archer, George Martin and George hasenhorl (whom???) might argue that their 1976 collection of DE's were tops.

judging by last week's game, we're going to have a very good defense this year if we can stay healthy. Its more than just strength at individual positions they seem to be swarming around the football and gang tackling just like in the good ole' days. The seconday may still be a question mark, but if we can get to the qb like I think we're going to be able to do, the seconday may be a non-issue.

judging by last week's game, we're going to have a very good defense this year if we can stay healthy. Its more than just strength at individual positions they seem to be swarming around the football and gang tackling just like in the good ole' days. The seconday may still be a question mark, but if we can get to the qb like I think we're going to be able to do, the seconday may be a non-issue.

Got to the quarterback a good bit last year. Still got burned in the secondary. I agree, there is a relationship there between the pass rush and the quality player needed in the secondary, but it may be overstated at times.