SportsWrath

Colorado Rockies(59-62) at New York Mets(72-48) series 8/18-8/20

Plax 4 Prez

Trachsel set to start as Mets head home

Colorado (59-62) at New York (72-48), 7:10 p.m. ET

The Mets finally face the Rockies, the last National League club they've yet to meet on the field this season.

The three-game series brings Byung-Hyun Kim, the former Diamondbacks closer, to New York City, scene of his spectacular postseason shortfalls five years ago. He returns as a starter, though. Steve Trachsel starts for the Mets with a chance tie Tom Glavine for the team lead in victories with 12.

Trachsel's start comes on the third anniversary of his one-hitter at Shea against the Rockies. He, Jose Reyes and Rockies first baseman Todd Helton are the only players likely to be in the lineups on Friday night who were in the lineups that night when a double with two out in the sixth inning by opposing pitcher Chin-hui Tsao prevented Trachsel from becoming the first Mets pitcher to throw a no-hiitter.

Trachsel, who has pitched three one-hitters -- two with the Mets in '03 -- allowed one other base runner that night, on an error in the ninth inning.

Pitching matchup

COL: Byung-Hyun Kim, 7-7, 4.65 ERA ERA)

Left-handed hitters are batting .308 in 208 at-bats against him.

NYM: Steve Trachsel (11-5, 4.84 ERA)

Trachsel has a 5.46 ERA and a 4-2 record in 10 starts at Shea this season.

Player to watch

Michael Tucker has three hits, including a triple and a home run, in merely five career at-bats against Kim.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

• Official game notes

On television

• SNY

On radio

• WFAN 660 AM, WADO 1280 AM (Español)

Up next

Saturday: Rockies (LHP Jeff Francis, 9-9, 3.39) at Mets (LHP Dave Williams, 2-3, 7.20, or LHP Oliver Perez, 2-10, 6.35), 7:10 p.m. ET

Sunday: Rockies (RHP Jason Jennings, 7-9, 3.34) at Mets (RHP Orlando Hernandez, 8-8, 5.54), 1:10 p.m. ET

Tuesday: Cardinals (RHP Anthony Reyes, 4-6, 4.73) at Mets (LHP Tom Glavine, 12-6, 3.92), 7:10 p.m. ET

So Endy Chavez was in the Jersey Gardens Mall today signing autographs. I asked him to sign my baseball I bought and then I asked him if he would be starting tonight and he responded that he probably will be playing left since Willie usually rewards him after a big day. I said no dis-respect to him but can you ask willie to bat you 8th so you can give Milledge some protection that he's been lacking, we laughed and he said ok. He was pretty cool and laid back.

So Endy Chavez was in the Jersey Gardens Mall today signing autographs. I asked him to sign my baseball I bought and then I asked him if he would be starting tonight and he responded that he probably will be playing left since Willie usually rewards him after a big day. I said no dis-respect to him but can you ask willie to bat you 8th so you can give Milledge some protection that he's been lacking, we laughed and he said ok. He was pretty cool and laid back.

lol, awesome... Go Mets!!!!!!!!!