SportsWrath

Mets claim OF Ricky Ledee off of waivers

gateb

Do you guys know exactly how waiver claims and trades work. So we claimed Ledee, now what? Do we give the Dogers a prospect or some compensation? I've never really understood the process.

Good pickup of a left handed bat. We have even more bench debth. Now all we need is a pickup of a relief pitcher who can solidify this bullpen. Especially in the late inning role.

You know, I was knockin Aaron a little bit after he gave up that big inning to Florida, but he came back and had a perfect inning against Philly. So last week he had 3 perfect 8th innings and 1 bad one where he gave up 3 runs. We'll see if he gets himself consistent and eliminates the one big inning, we may be set in the 7, 8, and 9th with Hernandez, Heilman and Wagner.

Good pickup of a left handed bat. We have even more bench debth. Now all we need is a pickup of a relief pitcher who can solidify this bullpen. Especially in the late inning role.

I think Willie is tempted to put Maine in a setup role when Bannister returns. He has hinted that he likes his high fastball that gets hitters out.