SportsWrath

How About A Warm Wecome For Jose Reyes!!!

Plax 4 Prez

He is also the leading vote getter for a shortstop in the National League.

:clap::clap::rock:

We might have the best group of young guys, and this really will be a team on a mission come playoff time

Wright may be the league MVP, but anyone that watches this team day in and day out realizes the entire Met offense goes as Jose Reyes goes. Its this simple, this guy gets on base he scores more often than not and makes something happen.

No doubt the starting SS for the NL in the All Star game.

Wright may be the league MVP, but anyone that watches this team day in and day out realizes the entire Met offense goes as Jose Reyes goes. Its this simple, this guy gets on base he scores more often than not and makes something happen.

Well said, well said. :TU:

Reyes goes 4-for-5 in second straight as Mets win series

TORONTO (AP) -- Even slugger Carlos Beltran finds himself envying Jose Reyes these days.

Reyes had four hits again, including a leadoff homer, and Beltran hit a three-run shot to lead the New York Mets to a 7-4 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Sunday.

The streaking Reyes went 4-for-5 for the second consecutive game and the third time in five days. He extended his hitting streak to 13 games and is on a 32-for-57 (.561) tear that's raised his batting average from .246 to .302.

"Unbelievable. That guy has been hot this last week. Four hits today, four yesterday," Beltran said. "I wish I could have two days like that."

It was Reyes' fifth game this season with at least four hits, tying Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki for tops in the major leagues. Reyes also got his big league-leading 34th stolen base and scored twice.

"I always say to him, 'You have the potential to be one of the best players in the game," Beltran said. "He's got the potential to be the best shortstop in the game."

Reyes said he's just trying to put the ball in play.

"I feel real good right now," he said. "I made a little change in my swing. A lot of pitchers were throwing me off-speed pitches outside. I tried to pull the ball before. Now I'm staying with it."

Steve Trachsel (6-4) won his fourth straight start, allowing four runs and six hits in five innings. He struck out two and walked three.

The right-hander has been far from stellar lately, but he's pitched well enough to win.

"We've been playing really well on the road. The offense has been awesome. Reyes has just been amazing this past week," Trachsel said.

Beltran hit his 20th home run off Josh Towers (1-9) in the third. Jose Valentin also connected for the Mets, whose club record nine-game road winning streak ended Saturday. They took two of three in Toronto and have won five straight series away from home.

Billy Wagner pitched a scoreless ninth for his 15th save in 19 chances, striking out Lyle Overbay with two on to end it.

"I've got to work on my walks," said Wagner, who brought the potential tying run to the plate by walking two.

Overbay and Bengie Molina homered for the Blue Jays.

Trachsel's throwing error on a pickoff attempt helped Toronto score in the first on Frank Catalanotto's RBI grounder, but Beltran's homer made it 4-1 and put New York ahead for good.

Overbay and Molina homered in the fourth to cut it to 4-3.

New York scored two runs in the fifth on Reyes' RBI single and reliever Scott Downs' run-scoring wild pitch.

Towers allowed six runs and seven hits in four-plus innings in his second start for Toronto since being recalled from the minors last Sunday.

"It's trying," Towers said. "I'm still trying to get these guys out in the major leagues. I'm not going to let it beat me up anymore."

Overbay's sacrifice fly cut it to 6-4 in the fifth, but Valentin homered off Ty Taubenheim in the sixth.

Game notes

The Mets forced their rookies to wear dresses for the trip to Boston. OF Lastings Milledge wore a leather skirt and a feather boa. RHP Alay Soler wore a plaid skirt and pig tails. Both posed for the cameras. "I'm hot," Milledge joked. ... Three of Reyes' eight homers this season have been leadoff shots. He's done it five times in his career. ... Trachsel last won four consecutive starts from Aug. 7-23, 2003, en route to a career-high 16 victories with New York. ... Mets 1B Carlos Delgado turned 34. ... Attendance was 33,277. The first 10,000 fans received a Blue Jays Mr. Potato head.

Sort of like in Indianapolis where Peyton got the 49 TDs and was named league MVP but players and coaches actually said that Edge was the team MVP.

Hi!! Guests...If you like please join us!! We have tons of Mets/Giants/Jets/Rangers/Islanders/Knicks/Nets fans here plus a current events section.... you can also curse your ass off if you'd like