SportsWrath

Papi

mickeef2

There aren't words fit to describe this guy. After two awful swings he does it again like clockwork. I'm just glad I got to experience one, almost went to this game too.

Stop it you homers, Arod had a HUGE clutch single vs the Nats last week in a game his team lost. No comparison :LMAO:

Will this be another 86 rematch?

I could actually stomach that... Better than the, lets say the Mets VS Detroit, or the Sox VS Houston... :TD:

And it will be even more nice when the Mets take it from the Sox, again.. :LMAO:

Yes Papelbon has been great, I see they still envision him as a starter, tells you the upside of Hansen.

Will this be another 86 rematch?

I don't know if it's so much a vote of confidence in Hansen as much as it's a desire to get everything they can out of Papelbon. I mean, him closing this year was really a fluke, but now they're backed into a corner with it and can't take him out of the role. It's almost like he's done his job too well. There's also discussion of turning Hansen into a starter, and he has started games in the minors this year.

I don't know if it's so much a vote of confidence in Hansen as much as it's a desire to get everything they can out of Papelbon. I mean, him closing this year was really a fluke, but now they're backed into a corner with it and can't take him out of the role. It's almost like he's done his job too well. There's also discussion of turning Hansen into a starter, and he has started games in the minors this year.

Hansen has been groomed to be a closer since day 1 at St. Johns and has been forecast to be as cant miss in the role as there is. As far as Pappelbon goes, yes its hard to take him out of that closers role, but its a great problem to have with some young arms like that along with Beckett. I wonder if teams will start to use some of their top notch starting prospects nowadays in a major league bullpen role. WHen you factor in that middle relief in the majors is shit and the fact that young guys make less money, maybe teams will start to take top arms and let them learn in the majors as relievers. It also helps them to focus on their best pitch as a reliever it is less necessary to depend on a complete repertoire. WHen you see a guy like Heilman who as a reliever has been able to focus more on his fastball/changeup combo it makes you wonder.

Probably not gonna happen, but I do recall years ago guys got their starts in the pen, I believe Guidry did so.

Papelbon went 2 and a third yesterday right? He's definitely a started but the Sox have to see what they have in Hansen before they even think about moving Papelbon out of the closer spot in favor of him.