SportsWrath

Melky Cabrera

Ditto

Watching on TV, he seems to get an excellent jump on fly balls, but still misjudges them. For instance, the three run homer that nicked his glove and fell in the stands the other night. I’m pretty sure Matsui doesn’t get near that.

Also, although he’s keeping his BA up, he’s still struggling to make contact from major league pitching. So far, he’s merely been a singles hitter. I like the patience he show at the plate, and his very respectable OPB shows that. He needs to work on his base running, too.

We may lose a couple of games because of his inexperience, but unless he gets really flat with the bat, I think we should stay with him this time, even when Crosby comes back.

Watching on TV, he seems to get an excellent jump on fly balls, but still misjudges them. For instance, the three run homer that nicked his glove and fell in the stands the other night. I’m pretty sure Matsui doesn’t get near that.

Also, although he’s keeping his BA up, he’s still struggling to make contact from major league pitching. So far, he’s merely been a singles hitter. I like the patience he show at the plate, and his very respectable OPB shows that. He needs to work on his base running, too.

We may lose a couple of games because of his inexperience, but unless he gets really flat with the bat, I think we should stay with him this time, even when Crosby comes back.

As much as I hate to say it, Melky has played better than Bubba has before he went on the DL. Matsui is out for at least 3 months and Terrence Long will be long gone by the time sheff gets back.

As much as I hate to say it, Melky has played better than Bubba has before he went on the DL. Matsui is out for at least 3 months and Terrence Long will be long gone by the time sheff gets back.

Sheff has been back for the last week.