SportsWrath

so the yanks have added Richard Hidalgo and Durazo

superspynyg

he will be our pinch hitter with power..like Sierra was!! We are seriously lacking a power hitter off the bench and now he can also dh...and Durazo is a good fielding first baseman so he can fill in for Giambi in the later inning when we need Def...I dont like Philips.

Yankees | Yankees looking at Hidalgo

Mon, 22 May 2006 05:36:38 -0700

Mark Feinsand, of NewYork.Yankees.MLB.com, reports New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has been watching free-agent OF Richard Hidalgo (Orioles) work out in Tampa Bay and he expects to sign him to a minor league contract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yankees | Yankees sign Durazo

Mon, 22 May 2006 05:33:21 -0700

Mark Feinsand, of NewYork.Yankees.MLB.com, reports the New York Yankees agreed to terms with DH Erubiel Durazo (Rangers) Sunday, May 21. Durazo will report to extended spring training to get back in playing shape, after which he will be assigned to Triple-A Columbus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have any opinion of Durazo over Phillips, but I wouldn't mind Hidalgo for our bench.

as much as I hate to say it, Hidalgo off the bench would be better than Bubba. I think Durazo will have lost some since the last time we saw him in Arizona in 2001, but anything is better than Cairo at first and I am not to fond of Phillips. Good move on Cashman's part

my yanks lineup and Rotaton. 12 batters 13 pitchers=25 man roster

Damon CF

Jeter SS

Giambi DH (williams DH)

Sheffield RF

Arod 3B

Posada C

Cano 2b

Durazo 1b (Plays when Bernie is DH)

Cabera LF (if Hidalgo can play LF then he and Cabera can rotate rest of year)

Bench

Hidalgo

Cairo

Williams

Rotation

Johnson (grown)

Mussina

Wang

Chacon

Wright

Bull Penn

MO

Farnsworth

Proctor

Villone

Myers

Small

Bean or Errikson (does it really matter)

for the 25th man you can either have a pitch or Bubba Crosby or Terrance Long who can play LF