SportsWrath

Dez Bryant injury

Lughead

i'd be really really concerned about that extension if i'm jones. he's got the same injury nicks had and even with 3 months to recover it never fully healed even after he looked great early in that season. soon as mark baron stepped on it in the tampa game he was hobbled the rest of the season and fucked himself out of a contract and now probably his career by not going on IR. even if dez is a different case and fully regains his effectiveness like julio jones did there's always a really strong chance it breaks again. both jones and brook lopez rebroke the foot two years after the initial injury, and durant rebroke his foot in the same season. durant rebroke it cuz he stubbornly tried to come back too early and dez is the same way. he'll try to rush through the rehab and meet this 4 week timetable or whatever it is and put himself at risk of rebreaking it. i know romo is not getting any younger but if im jones and i just gave this dude 5 years and 70 million im shutting him down

i'd be really really concerned about that extension if i'm jones. he's got the same injury nicks had and even with 3 months to recover it never fully healed even after he looked great early in that season. soon as mark baron stepped on it in the tampa game he was hobbled the rest of the season and fucked himself out of a contract and now probably his career by not going on IR. even if dez is a different case and fully regains his effectiveness like julio jones did there's always a really strong chance it breaks again. both jones and brook lopez rebroke the foot two years after the initial injury, and durant rebroke his foot in the same season. durant rebroke it cuz he stubbornly tried to come back too early and dez is the same way. he'll try to rush through the rehab and meet this 4 week timetable or whatever it is and put himself at risk of rebreaking it. i know romo is not getting any younger but if im jones and i just gave this dude 5 years and 70 million im shutting him down

If I am jones I am looking to trade Dez.... not right at this second but maybe in the off season. Romo is not getting younger and neither is Whitten , although they have Escobar.

BREAKING NEWS ON NFL NETWORK AS I TYPE

DEZ expected to miss 10-12 weeks he had a bone graft . they do not want to put him on IR because they want to leave ALL OPTIONS open.