SportsWrath

Another "short armed" Offensive Tackle might be a Giants' draft target

BleedinBlue

Good article on Zack Martin from Notre Dame (link below). Some are calling him the best offensive lineman in this year's draft. Like Pugh (good technique, great balance and footwork, can play tackle or guard, BUT...has short arms - LOL)

If we could trade down a couple of spots and pick up another 2nd round pick, and still get this guy, it would seem like a great thing to do. With so many teams needing QB's, I can see a team throwing their second away to move up and get a QB they are afraid of missing. Just thinking out loud.

6_92550.jpg

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/01/giants_nfl_draft_ol_zach_martin_works_way_into_top_15_mix.html

I like Chris Watt from Notre Dame

Before his MCL knee injury against Stanford, he was projected as a 4th or 5th round pick in the draft. According to N.D., his knee does not require surgery. However, I have to believe that his stock will fall if there is concern about his knee. But I agree...he'd be a nice pickup on the inside. Certainly wouldn't burn a 1st on him though.

Before his MCL knee injury against Stanford, he was projected as a 4th or 5th round pick in the draft. According to N.D., his knee does not require surgery. However, I have to believe that his stock will fall if there is concern about his knee. But I agree...he'd be a nice pickup on the inside. Certainly wouldn't burn a 1st on him though.

No not a first. Be a steal in the fifth.

Good article on Zack Martin from Notre Dame (link below). Some are calling him the best offensive lineman in this year's draft. Like Pugh (good technique, great balance and footwork, can play tackle or guard, BUT...has short arms - LOL)

If we could trade down a couple of spots and pick up another 2nd round pick, and still get this guy, it would seem like a great thing to do. With so many teams needing QB's, I can see a team throwing their second away to move up and get a QB they are afraid of missing. Just thinking out loud.

6_92550.jpg

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/01/giants_nfl_draft_ol_zach_martin_works_way_into_top_15_mix.html

How many backflips can he do?......that's a pretty important factor for Reese.

A few notes written up from around the net on Zack Martin (from www.seniorbowl.com):

"...named 2013 New Era Pinstripe Bowl 'Most Valuable Player' ... Prior to Martin, the last time an offensive lineman was named the sole MVP of a bowl game was when center Jay Huffman of Penn State was the MVP of the inaugural Liberty Bowl, a 7-0 win over Alabama, on Dec. 19, 1959..."

"no team in the nation has allowed fewer sacks and attempted more passes than Notre Dame (eight sacks on 429 pass attempts) this season..."

"Zack Martin helped pave the way for a running game that averaged 4.8 yards a carry, the best by a Notre Dame team since 1996".

---------------------------------

Question posed to Stanford DE/OLB Trent Murphy in Senior Bowl practice:

Question: How would you evaluate some of the offensive tackles that you've gone up against so far?

MURPHY: Zack Martin is definitely the best college offensive lineman I've gone against. He's a phenomenal player and a phenomenal athlete. He can play both tackle and guard. We matched up on Monday and he might have got the best of me that day but we'll have another matchup.

----------------------------------

NFL Draft writer Josh Norris in Mobile gives his take on how the position groups have fared at the Senior Bowl practices:

Offensive linemen: There might be one first-round guy here – that one first-round guy being Zack Martin. He played left tackle at Notre Dame. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he plays guard. He can play both. That versatility is what you want".