SportsWrath

Anyone see that little interview with LaVar?

icavesai69

the lady asked him why didnt he play in Washington, and he replied "I just wasn't good enough" then he went on to say we'll see if im good enough when we play them, or any other team.

Im excited about his confidence, cant wait to see him coming from the blind side and ripping some heads off! :rock:

ill see if i can find a link to the interview.

Edited by 99_DeVille

So yesterday, three days after signing a seven-year deal with the Giants, the former No. 2 overall pick naturally talked about his new job being a fresh start.

"It's going to be a rebirth," he said at Giants Stadium upon meeting the local media for the first time as a Giant. "I feel rejuvenated. I just feel really good. I didn't know you could feel this comfortable. I didn't know you could step into a football building and feel this -- that it's all football."

Right now, it's all off-season workouts. But if anyone doubted Arrington is prepared to start anew, Pierce noted his desire to work out on Monday until 8 p.m. -- even though the two arrived hours later than scheduled and could have blown off the optional training session.

"Talking about playing with a chip on his shoulder ... he's got people dogging him, he's got people doubting his ability right now," said Pierce, who played with Arrington for four years in Washington. "(But) he's coming to a place where he's going to make a big name for himself -- even bigger than it is right now."

And he could make the defense better as well. Already, the Giants boast a pair of Pro Bowl defensive ends in Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora (26 combined sacks last season). Toss in a healthy, driven Arrington, who had 11 sacks in 2002 and six the following year, and the challenge for opposing offenses could be much more daunting on third-and-long.

"I come off the edge and that's when I'm at my best," Arrington said, "And to have guys like that where (they're saying), 'Who are you going to block?'"

Added Umenyiora: "It's going to be trouble, I can say that right now. It's going to take away a lot of those double teams and all that stuff they started doing toward the end of (last) year. They're not going to be able to do that anymore, as long as he's over there."

Arrington, who missed 15 of his last 32 games as a Redskin because of injuries and coaches' decisions, expects to be "over there" for a while.

there are 100+ arts on this...

he was on total access last night...