SportsWrath

Micheal Vick gets Valtrex

jerseygiantfan

Settlement reached in Michael Vick case

Story Tools:

Print Email Blog This

Associated Press

Posted: 5 hours ago

ATLANTA (AP) - A woman who charged in a lawsuit that Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick knowingly gave her a sexually transmitted disease has agreed to an undisclosed resolution of the case, his attorney said Monday.

"The case has been resolved," attorney Lawrence Woodward said.

When asked if the details of the agreement between Vick and the woman, Sonya Elliott, would be disclosed, Woodward said: "The only comment I've got is the case has been resolved."

Elliott, a 26-year-old health care worker, claimed she tested positive for herpes after unprotected sex with Vick in April 2003. In the complaint, filed in Gwinnett County State Court, Elliott contended that Vick "apologized profusely" for failing to disclose he was infected with the disease, which can be treated but not cured.

The lawsuit also claimed Vick used the alias "Ron Mexico" when seeking treatment for the disease.

• 3 weeks later...
I read that today becuase we had testing in class and i brought in my newspaper to read when i was done,,,it really makes you think anyone can have a STD!

about 25 to 30% of American adults have herpes.

about 35% or more have venereal warts (not all presenting active, though) but are still infective.