SportsWrath

Atlanta Braves (6-8) at New York Mets (10-2) 7:10pm 4-18-06

Plax 4 Prez

Zambrano looking for usual run support

Atlanta Braves (6-8) at New York Mets (10-2) 7:10 p.m. ET

When the Mets have tried to defend Victor Zambrano's 7-12 record of 2005, they have said Zambrano hadn't been supported as well as he might have been by the team's offense. Perhaps, but Zambrano has been the beneficiary of some of the Mets' most productive games, too.

He was the winning pitcher when the Mets beat the Phillies, 16-4, on April 19 last season; when they beat the Rockies, 9-3, on July 27; and when they beat the Diamondbacks, 14-1, on Aug. 23. And the Mets won Zambrano's first 2006 start -- against the Nationals last week -- 13-4.

The Mets face the Braves Tuesday night with Zambrano starting opposite Kyle Davies. And Davies has an 8.38 ERA. Enough said?

Pitching matchup

NYM: RHP Victor Zambrano (1-0, 5.40 ERA)

He lost each of his three starts against the Braves last season, but had a 2.84 ERA in 19 innings.

ATL: RHP Kyle Davies (0-1, 8.38 ERA)

No Mets hitter has more than four career at-bats against Davies, who has pitched twice -- totalling 7 1/3 innings -- against the Mets in his career.

Player to watch

Xavier Nady loves to face the Braves. With his home run and two singles on Monday night, he is batting .432 with three home runs and nine RBI in only 37 at-bats.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

• Official game notes

On television

• SNY

On radio

• WFAN 660 AM, WADO 1280 AM (Español)

Up next

• Wednesday: Brewers (RHP Tim Hudson, 0-1, 9.20 ERA) at Mets (LHP Tom Glavine, 2-0, 1.50 ERA), 1:10 p.m. ET

• Thursday: Mets (RHP Steve Trachsel, 1-1, 4.09 ERA) at Padres (RHP Jake Peavy, 1-2, 5.50 ERA), 10:05 p.m. ET

• Friday: Mets (RHP Brian Bannister, 2-0, 2.50 ERA) at Padres (RHP Woody Williams, 1-0, 4.50 ERA), 10:05 p.m. ET

I have to agree. The absolute best case scenario which I doubt will happen is Julio suddenly posesses a 96 MPH fastball and all the things are finally coming for him, allowing us to put faith in him to become a setup man with Duaner and move Heilman to rotation. But not only is that to risky, it's not happening either.

I heard Pelfrey's looked pretty good so far in Triple AAA <_<

I would rather have Jose Lima in there than this pos. I know I sound like a whiny unhappy fan when the team is 10-2, but if Zambrano can not at least show some improvement we will go nowhere.

BTW thats 3 in 2 nights for Jones, time to brush someone back. :furious:

In April, no fan can be satisfied totally. This is more of a month to see what you have and obtain some momentum, not get a great record. Sure the wins are great but April is really the second month of spring training except it counts in the box score and in the standings.

In April, no fan can be satisfied totally. This is more of a month to see what you have and obtain some momentum, not get a great record. Sure the wins are great but April is really the second month of spring training except it counts in the box score and in the standings.

I do not need 100 months of spring training to determine that Victor Zambrano is a POS. I would call up Lima, that jap dude or Pelfrey over this piece of dung.

Attention Jeff Wilpon: YES we realize you are the Paris Hilton of baseball owners and that thanks to Daddy you think you know baseball, we all forgive you for urging your organization to get this POS in July 04', we know that you have been stripped of all input(thankfully) in terms of baseball moves. SO toture us no longer and cut ties with this worthless POS we call Zambrano, lets just move on and stop kidding ourselves.