SportsWrath

Most Memorable Mets Game of 2005

Blue Jeans

What was your most memorable Mets game of 2005?

I personally think it was the Mets vs. Angels. That was some crazy game, the Mets coming from behind, Andersons Pinch hit inside the park homerun, extra innings Floyd takes time gets himself to a full count and blasts one and the apple rises. The Mets win, the Mets win!

What was your most memorable Mets game of 2005?

I personally think it was the Mets vs. Angels. That was some crazy game, the Mets coming from behind, Andersons Pinch hit inside the park homerun, extra innings Floyd takes time gets himself to a full count and blasts one and the apple rises. The Mets win, the Mets win!

Same exact game for me. Oh shit I'm getting goose bumps as I type. Very rarely am I into a Mets game and we were playing average ball at the time. I remember Floyd hit two previous pitches into the mid deck three feet foul and I remember saying to myself, next pitch, it's over. Surprisingly, he had enoguh patience to look at a ball while I turned off the tv. Saw it was a ball, turned it back on and watched as he blasted one to send me jumping up and down around the house causing all my family members to wake up. We lost the next day though maybe a little more then 12 hours after the game.

There are other games that come to mind like our first win of the season (that I didn't even watch) and the home opener but nothing compared to that game IMO.

Same exact game for me. Oh shit I'm getting goose bumps as I type. Very rarely am I into a Mets game and we were playing average ball at the time. I remember Floyd hit two previous pitches into the mid deck three feet foul and I remember saying to myself, next pitch, it's over. Surprisingly, he had enoguh patience to look at a ball while I turned off the tv. Saw it was a ball, turned it back on and watched as he blasted one to send me jumping up and down around the house causing all my family members to wake up. We lost the next day though maybe a little more then 12 hours after the game.

There are other games that come to mind like our first win of the season (that I didn't even watch) and the home opener but nothing compared to that game IMO.

I have more than one game...more like "at bats" if you will. I remember the opposing teams on more than one occasion intentionally walking a batter to get to Wright. Almost every time he burned them either with a double, HR or even a walk. I love the little game inside BB and I think Wright will be a super star.

I was thinking of putting the Brewers Mets game, the one ranked #9 there. That game was so damn long. Got home from my friends house at 9:30 and turned on the tv to see that it was only like the bottom of the fifth and we were down by like 3. We tie it up, they take the lead, and it just kept on repeating.

Then Cameron struck big time. He was obviously turning on to one of his streaky times of the season where he just crushes everything he hits and got the game tying run on a pitcher who hadnt given up a run in what, 31 innings? Usually, I enjoy extra inning games but this game I was just burnt out and wanted to go to sleep. So after Piazza got the walk instead of cheering loud I just breathed a sigh of relief and went to bed.

Oh, speaking of Turnbow, he may be a nice fantasy choice too.

Yeah, I was there. If you don't believe me, ask the sun burns I had all over my face, ears, and basically everything exposed the day after.

That was one hot game :furious:

Arizona was hotter, were you there?

The game I went to after that was Minnesota, what a change.

Maybe the high was hotter that day but the following could have played a role in it:

1. 4:15 start

2. Much much shorter game then St. Louis (wasn't that the third longest regular season game in Giants history?)

It was actually a relatively warm season at the Meadowlands. Aside from the Cowboys game, there was nothing that got me freezing. Except the night before the Cowboys game, I was barfing everything out of my stomach the whole night.

david wright 2 homers against the braves..couldnt see anything after it because of the smoke caused by fireworks

david wright's "the catch"

cliff floyd's monster shot against San fran on an ESPN night game

mike piazza farewell tour game

david wright 2 homers against the braves..couldnt see anything after it because of the smoke caused by fireworks

david wright's "the catch"

cliff floyd's monster shot against San fran on an ESPN night game

mike piazza farewell tour game

Which one?