SportsWrath

Jacobs hasn't lost anything.

JMFP

He looked very solid yesterday.

Remember, Houston was ranked #2 against the run, just as Chicago was ranked #1 against the run before the Giants stomped on them.

The Thunder and Lightning approach has been pure gold for the Giants for as long as I can remember.....I'm very glad to see them return to their meal ticket.

Bradshaw makes things happen....he turns nothing into a gain, and a 4 yard play into a 20 yard scamper. But giving him more than 20 touches is just a recipe for a fumble or an injury.

Jacob showed yesterday he can still run with authority.....and giving him the ball on short yardage and goal line situations just makes more sense.

agreed- this was all a bunch of nonsense. give the guy a whole, he'll plow thru it like the best of them.

he does have a little trouble staying on his feet though. like he expects to be hit. i think he's concentrating on hitting the hole hard and not looking downfield so much.

agreed- this was all a bunch of nonsense. give the guy a whole, he'll plow thru it like the best of them.

he does have a little trouble staying on his feet though. like he expects to be hit. i think he's concentrating on hitting the hole hard and not looking downfield so much.

I think it's starting to dawn on him that he and Bradshaw are complimentary.....no way is a big man going to turn on a dime and sprint the other way like Bradshaw.

"I like watching Ahmad run because there are some things that he does that I look at Jerald (Ingram, the Giants' running backs coach) and I'm like, 'Jerald, how did he get five yards out of that? What the hell did he do to get five yards?'" said Jacobs. "I cannot do that. I can't even draw that."

Bradshaw wasn't able to top 100 yards for the second consecutive game, but considering he barely practiced all week, his 16-carry, 67-yard game was still impressive in the Giants' 34-10 win. It was made even more impressive considering the Texans entered the game with the NFL's No. 2 rushing defense, giving up only 70.3 yards per game.

Led by Bradshaw, the Giants rushed through them for 117 yards, including a solid, 10-carry, 41-yard effort by Jacobs. And they hit the Texans early, rushing for 79 first-half yards.

"We know we've got to set the statement early," Bradshaw said. "Then that'll take care of the rest of the game for us. So we did. We came in here and set that statement."

The statement was that the Giants still have a powerful 1-2 punch at running back when things are working right. Even Jacobs seemed pleased with his performance, which included a 1-yard touchdown run in the first quarter.

"Oh yeah, my enthusiasm is now right where it needs to be," Jacobs said. "I was kind of screwed up last week. But I got past it and here were are today."

Jacobs, who has been moody since he lost his starting job to Bradshaw early in training camp, declined to say what had him "screwed up" - "It's just something I have to deal with myself," he said - but he admitted it "felt great" to get a little closer to splitting carries with Bradshaw. The split had been about 3-to-1 in favor of Bradshaw. But Sunday, Bradshaw had 16 carries, Jacobs 10.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/10/11/2010-10-11_ahmad_runs_over_texans.html#ixzz124R15d5i

But on the flip side, if Jacobs drops his shoulder down, there isn't any running back in the league that going to be tougher to stop cold than Jacobs.

It could be the fact that he finally realized if he don't stop running like a female and pound it in, he could be cut next year. Don't think there will be another team that would fork out the money the giants did.

I always though he ran the way he did was to preserve his health and to extend his career. But the whole world know he is more of a straight up runner