SportsWrath

Seubert Sidelined With Broken Hand

Mr. P

Veteran guard Rich Seubert, who is in a training camp battle for his starting job, is out indefinitely with a broken bone in his left hand.

It’s not clear when Seubert, 31, suffered the injury, but he showed up for lunch at the team’s dining hall at the University at Albany this afternoon sporting what looked like a cast on his left hand, wrist and forearm. The Giants later revealed the injury and said that his hand is actually in a splint.

Officially, they are giving no timetable on his return, though one team source said they are hopeful that he’ll be able to be back on the practice field late next week. Seubert will be examined by Dr. Russell Warren, the team physician, tomorrow, “after which there may be a better indication of a timetable for his return,” a Giants spokesman said.

Seubert, of course, battled a shoulder injury all last season and his play suffered because of it. That has put him in the midst of a three-pronged battle for his starting job. David Diehl and Will Beatty are actually the meat of the battle, fighting it out for the left tackle spot. But if Beatty wins, the Giants would then likely move Diehl to left guard, sending Seubert, a 10-year veteran, to the bench.

Meanwhile, the Giants are forced to continue camp dangerously thin along the offensive line. They lost veteran guard/tackle Kevin Boothe to a torn pec in May and he’s not expected back until mid-September. And after just one practice, C Shaun O’Hara was sidelined with swelling in his left ankle from a chronic condition in his joint.

O’Hara is expected to return to the lineup on Monday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/08/seubert-sidelined-with-broken.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fblogs%2Fgiants+%28Blogs%2FThe+Blue+Screen%29&utm_content=Twitter

this is really disheartening. Seubert has long been my favorite Giant. There was already a chance he would be cut this year and this will not help.

He is a gutsy fucking dude though. I don't expect him to just roll over and bow out

this is really disheartening. Seubert has long been my favorite Giant. There was already a chance he would be cut this year and this will not help.

He is a gutsy fucking dude though. I don't expect him to just roll over and bow out

i dont think there was ever a chance he would be cut.

not with his contract being structured to where he would make less as a backup, and his ability to play either guard position and the center position.

i dont think there was ever a chance he would be cut.

not with his contract being structured to where he would make less as a backup, and his ability to play either guard position and the center position.

I don't think so either...at worst, he become a reserve......I couldn't see Coughlin letting a guy with his work ethic and versatility going.