SportsWrath

Bradshaw may sit out

Lughead

wow. the dog for one wonders how his powder puff partner in the backfield feels when he reads how a true NFL running back can have hampering injuries and still get one hard yard on his first try. the dog also has to wonder, the giants now have three backs (jacobs, bradshaw and ware) that all seem to struggle to stay healthy for a full season. perhaps linebacker, d-back, d-line and o-line aren't the only areas that need to be addressed this offseason...

Becoming a permanent member of the Giants’ injury report was certainly not part of Bradshaw’s plans when, during training camp, he said this would be “one of the biggest years of my life.” Not that Bradshaw’s talent or ability was in doubt at all this season as he moved into the No. 2 back role following the departure of Derrick Ward.

How can the reporter be so sure? :rolleyes:

Throw-away lines like this drives me crazy--does any player in the nfl actually plan to be on an injury report? (I mean, other than Tim Carter.)

How can the reporter be so sure? :rolleyes:

Throw-away lines like this drives me crazy--does any player in the nfl actually plan to be on an injury report? (I mean, other than Tim Carter.)

yes , Sinorice Moss as well . Actually I hear he got Tim's old locker and found the book he was writing "How to make millions and doing nothing" So he figured he would add some chapters to the book.

wow. the dog for one wonders how his powder puff partner in the backfield feels when he reads how a true NFL running back can have hampering injuries and still get one hard yard on his first try. the dog also has to wonder, the giants now have three backs (jbacobs, bradshaw and ware) that all seem to struggle to stay healthy for a full season. perhaps linebacker, d-back, d-line and o-line aren't the only areas that need to be addressed this offseason...

It has been well documented that Gilbride has tried to plug Jacobs into Derrick Ward style of run plays. Jacobs is a straight ahead runner . Also teams have learned how to tackle Jacobs when he is not got into "steam roller" mode. Besides, this whole season has had a different feel in the running game. I know Cliche "players play and coaches coach " , but I feel there were some mechanics wrong with a lot of running plays this year. Be it the blocking schemes or the lack there of as well as the whole play its self that just did not match the situation. I also feel maybe Jacobs in the back of his mind was trying not to get injured and it may of hampered his game play. you could tell he was running way different than what he used to.

Bradshaw is more a Ward style runner than Jacobs and why they did not plug him in to those plays as needed is beyond me. The running game had nothing this year no surprises no trickeration ( did collinsworthless make that word up on sundaynight football?) . The running game became blas'e in a hurry this year and never recovered.

So is it the runner ,is it the game plan, is it the semantics of the play's called? Probably a compilation of all .

oh and you forgot Andre Brown was out too for the season before it even started with a torn Achilles tendon.