SportsWrath

Been watching the games on "mute"

BleedinBlue

I can't bear listening to McCarver and Buck. They act as though it's very important that there is not a single second of silence. Yak, yak, yak, yak, yak.....and they (especially McCarver) repeats the same thing over and over and over. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I've watched plenty of games sitting in the seats and the glory of the game is just listening to the crowd and the silence of not hearing someone telling you that "this or that happened in 1927, 1955, 1998 and again in 2004....will it happen again?"....blah, blah, fucking blah.

And McCarver is like a cheerleader for the Phillies going on and on and on about one of the players until you just can't take it no more. I wish I could see him face to face and tell him "why don't you just blow the guy and get it over with.....we can all see your stiffy while talking about him". When Cliff Lee caught the ball by the pitcher's mound as nonchalantly as could possibly be, all I could think is, "there's no room for hotdogging in baseball.....keep it classy". But McCarver had an orgasm and went on and on about how great it was for a pitcher to have so little respect for the opposition that he yawns while catching a ball and doesn't even bother to look up when catching it. I thought that was a low moment for Cliff Lee to show how little class he has. Certainly not worth going on and on about like it was great. I remember when Ricky Henderson was a Yankee and he was on first base and taunting the pitcher and making fun of him. It was at that moment that I lost all respect for Henderson as a person because I just don't believe in hotdogging or trying to show up the other team. Well.....that and when Henderson's sister filed a legal suit on him claiming damages after he had been having sex with her for 16 years starting when she was 12 years old and she was suffering mental problems because of it. It was kinda hard to think of Ricky the same way after that. He paid her a few million and the story went away.

Regardless......quite frankly, I don't care what a guy did over 7 seasons, or in previous post-season play. I only care about the game at hand. And I understand that pitchers and batters have off days and they have days when they are on friggin fire and can't miss.....and they all go through slumps. I just want to watch the game. I don't believe that being inundated and suffocated with past history and stats as if it means a damn thing today. It's all about the here and now, not about what happened in 1999 or last year's World Series or how a guy floundered or reigned supreme three years ago or choked in a big game sometime ago. Enough already.....let me watch the damn game.

Oh well.....just needed to get that off my chest. I have been watching the game with the "mute button" on since the second game. I only unmute it when there is a hit or something of significance is going on. Damn shame really. Fox has their head up their asses for putting those guys in the booth.