SportsWrath

hypothetical

Mr. P

after this season if we draft a mlb early,(rolando mcclain at the end of round 1 is who i like) do you think pierce would demand a trade? hes made it clear he wants an extension and wants to retire a giant, but i think the drafting of an early mlb would make it obvious we dont plan on extending him.

if so do you think we'd try to trade or release him?

or do you see him mannin up and playing and tutoring the young guy.

I see him manning up and tutoring. He's gotten a ring with us as the starter, and i think he knows how valuable his leadership is. i believe he'll stay. I think he'll find out quick how many teams would pass on him. No offense to AP, love the guy, but hes near the end.

I see him manning up and tutoring. He's gotten a ring with us as the starter, and i think he knows how valuable his leadership is. i believe he'll stay. I think he'll find out quick how many teams would pass on him. No offense to AP, love the guy, but hes near the end.

that would be nice, i believe a rookie such as mcclain would benefit greatly from learning from pierce. pierce could still play and get spelled by the rookie, and maybe it would also give pierce motivation knowing hes auditioning for other teams since we wouldnt be extending him.

hahah sidenote: on one franchise in madden after this season i was able to trade pierce for adrian wilson, im gonna stop playing that franchise since thats a very unrealistic trade.

that would be nice, i believe a rookie such as mcclain would benefit greatly from learning from pierce. pierce could still play and get spelled by the rookie, and maybe it would also give pierce motivation knowing hes auditioning for other teams since we wouldnt be extending him.

hahah sidenote: on one franchise in madden after this season i was able to trade pierce for adrian wilson, im gonna stop playing that franchise since thats a very unrealistic trade.

LOL...old for the new.

after this season if we draft a mlb early,(rolando mcclain at the end of round 1 is who i like) do you think pierce would demand a trade? hes made it clear he wants an extension and wants to retire a giant, but i think the drafting of an early mlb would make it obvious we dont plan on extending him.

I love McClain would like him has well,If the season goes horrible wrong somehow which is unlikely I would to like to see us draft Brandon Spikes

I took the Giants to the super bowl by trading Eli to the Chiefs for Damon Huard who I then traded to Baltimore for Kyle Boller who took me to the super bowl that was madden 2008 and I don't have my XBox 360 even though I am buying a new one just to get Ncaa Football 2010 looks like the best College game I have seen.

I'm not sure the rookie would be able to start right away but if he does, the peirce by definition is expendable.

I think McClain can start right away,he comes from a Nick Saban pro style defense

McClain would be a good option if he comes out.

There is no guarantee that any rookie will start right of the bat, they all have to learn the ropes, get their feet feet and work their way into the rotation.

I am not sure the Giants will go with a MLB in the first round. The front office is said to be very big on Jonathan Goff, plus we have Kehl. Either of them could develop into the MLB.

I could also see the front office having other players being more highly rated, possibly WR with either Brandon LaFell or Damian Williams, giving the Giants another potential #1 WRs to pair with Nicks (remember Hixon and Moss will both be coming off contract).

I also think there is a good chance that Spikes, McClain and Weatherspoon are all gone before we pick next year. IF the Giants draft a MLB next year, it is more likely to be someone like Sean Lee (Penn St), Micah Johnson (Kentucky) or Pat Angerer (Iowa) in the 2nd/3rd round.

Also don't rule our Pierce bouncing back and having a very good 2009 season. Regardless we will very likely have someone in the system to groom for the future at MLB. I could see Pierce sticking around, largely in a mentoring role (ala Sam Madison), but he would likely need to take a pay cut. I think he will want to have a shot at starting somewhere; with more teams playing a 3-4 he has a good shot at it.

McClain would be a good option if he comes out.

There is no guarantee that any rookie will start right of the bat, they all have to learn the ropes, get their feet feet and work their way into the rotation.

I am not sure the Giants will go with a MLB in the first round. The front office is said to be very big on Jonathan Goff, plus we have Kehl. Either of them could develop into the MLB.

I could also see the front office having other players being more highly rated, possibly WR with either Brandon LaFell or Damian Williams, giving the Giants another potential #1 WRs to pair with Nicks (remember Hixon and Moss will both be coming off contract).

I also think there is a good chance that Spikes, McClain and Weatherspoon are all gone before we pick next year. IF the Giants draft a MLB next year, it is more likely to be someone like Sean Lee (Penn St), Micah Johnson (Kentucky) or Pat Angerer (Iowa) in the 2nd/3rd round.

Also don't rule our Pierce bouncing back and having a very good 2009 season. Regardless we will very likely have someone in the system to groom for the future at MLB. I could see Pierce sticking around, largely in a mentoring role (ala Sam Madison), but he would likely need to take a pay cut. I think he will want to have a shot at starting somewhere; with more teams playing a 3-4 he has a good shot at it.

I could see us going reciever in free agency though, its a pretty decent free agent class with Lee Evans,Brandon Marshall and Braylon Edwards. If we did draft another reciever I would hope we somehow get Dez Bryant out of OKst

I could see us going reciever in free agency though, its a pretty decent free agent class with Lee Evans,Brandon Marshall and Braylon Edwards. If we did draft another reciever I would hope we somehow get Dez Bryant out of OKst

You are somewhat right about FA wide recievers assuming the CBA issues are sorted out. I doubt Marshall is the kind of guy Reese want after the Burress saga, Lee Evans isnt a FA (last year he signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012). I think Edwards is more likely to get tagged than be an UFA.

I think it is unlikely we will pursue a big name free agent WR next year, largely due to the huge contract that will cost; I think the front office will consider it better value to extend Hixon and/or Moss (depending on performance). I think if we add a reciever it will more likely be through the draft.