SportsWrath

Lets see if Coughlin uses these rookie wr's like he should...

I love Tom as a coach and what he has done for us over the last 4 years speaks for itself, but one problem I have with him is his hesitancy to really use rookies in a great capacity. We NEED Hakeem Nicks starting from day 1 in my opinion. Nicks, Smith and Hixon as the starters and let Manningham and Barden battle it out for the 4th spot. The one major gripe I always had with Tom was the way he used Shockey. If you remember Shockey's rookie season, he was practically a wide receiver in a tight ends body - Seam routes down the field, deep ins, he was a bigtime playmaker - he had like 900 yard his rookie year under Fassel. Then Coughlin came in and Shockey was mostly a blocker with the occasional 9 yard curl mixed in. I never really understood that. Nicks has the ability to go over the middle and turn it into big gains ala Anquan Boldin - something this team has not had in awhile... And I think we need to see it from day 1.

I love Tom as a coach and what he has done for us over the last 4 years speaks for itself, but one problem I have with him is his hesitancy to really use rookies in a great capacity. We NEED Hakeem Nicks starting from day 1 in my opinion. Nicks, Smith and Hixon as the starters and let Manningham and Barden battle it out for the 4th spot. The one major gripe I always had with Tom was the way he used Shockey. If you remember Shockey's rookie season, he was practically a wide receiver in a tight ends body - Seam routes down the field, deep ins, he was a bigtime playmaker - he had like 900 yard his rookie year under Fassel. Then Coughlin came in and Shockey was mostly a blocker with the occasional 9 yard curl mixed in. I never really understood that. Nicks has the ability to go over the middle and turn it into big gains ala Anquan Boldin - something this team has not had in awhile... And I think we need to see it from day 1.

Did you watch the playoff run last year?

Did you watch the playoff run last year?

You have a pretty valid point although 2 of those players were in by default for one former player at his position bitching his way out of town and a rb going down to injury... And the others played limited roles throughout the season... hard to say with Smith because he was hurt all yr before that so who knows what would have happened with him.

You have a pretty valid point although 2 of those players were in by default for one former player at his position bitching his way out of town and a rb going down to injury... And the others played limited roles throughout the season... hard to say with Smith because he was hurt all yr before that so who knows what would have happened with him.

I still laugh to this day..

Tiki bitched and left...5 months later we won the superbowl.

Har Har Har :lol:

I still laugh to this day..

Tiki bitched and left...5 months later we won the superbowl.

Har Har Har :lol:

Was refering to Shockey but yeah you are right as well. I am one of the few people who give Tiki a pass only because I don't quickly forget what a beast he was. Some of the things he did on the field were unbelievable and he was probably the 2nd best rb in the league when he retired (He still had 3-4 years left in him IMO) - But once he ripped on Eli I was never able to look at him quite the same.

Was refering to Shockey but yeah you are right as well. I am one of the few people who give Tiki a pass only because I don't quickly forget what a beast he was. Some of the things he did on the field were unbelievable and he was probably the 2nd best rb in the league when he retired (He still had 3-4 years left in him IMO) - But once he ripped on Eli I was never able to look at him quite the same.

O lol, to me they both bitched and kicked rocks right out of the front door.

Shockey is still my favourite Giants offensive player though.

I'm in agreement 100%.. and that's final.