SportsWrath

Say it isn't so Ramon???

xxi-xxv

Today on WFAN on Mike Francessa's show in an interview with Si.coms John Heyman it was revealed that Ramon Castro DID NOT want to be the Mets starting regular catcher. Yes he declined to be the starter when they asked him!

Disturbing to say the least and IMO sums up all you need to know about this franchise. Why would you even WANT a player who is content with being a backup?

Here is the listen its about a third of the way into the interview Heyman with Francessa

Revealed? This is old news. This was talked about during last years Spring Training. Gotta love Heyman though.

I guess its not new news, but it speaks volumes for the type of guy he is and the Mets horrid catching situation. They kill Schneider too, who if I am not mistaken you also have no use for and have been very critical of.

Why would the Mets even want Ramon? I just find it incredible that a pro athlete would be content not playing all the time.

I guess its not new news, but it speaks volumes for the type of guy he is and the Mets horrid catching situation. They kill Schneider too, who if I am not mistaken you also have no use for and have been very critical of.

Why would the Mets even want Ramon? I just find it incredible that a pro athlete would be content not playing all the time.

I never liked Ramon. He has been horrible so far this year. I have been pretty critical of Schneider in the past and I still am but I rather see him behind the plate. It amazes me that they even resigned Castro last year to a 2 year deal. If he does not want to play every day, he does not deserve to be on this team. Manuel does not want him but Castro is probably one of Omar's guys. This organization just pisses me off. It's run by a bunch of clowns.

I never liked Ramon. He has been horrible so far this year. I have been pretty critical of Schneider in the past and I still am but I rather see him behind the plate. It amazes me that they even resigned Castro last year to a 2 year deal. If he does not want to play every day, he does not deserve to be on this team. Manuel does not want him but Castro is probably one of Omar's guys. This organization just pisses me off. It's run by a bunch of clowns.

I am with you on Schneider as you can hear Mike and heyman also basically say his "skills" are a myth.

You are correct though they are a bunch of clowns.....Omar is next on the chopping block, but sadly as long as Jeff and Dodger Fred are there this franchise will always be 2nd rate.

Here's the thing I can't understand about Omar though - He seemed to find alot of talent through the farm system when he was with the Expos. All of the talent on that club was brought up through their minor league system. They were basicly a minor league team for the rest of MLB. Possibly the young talent he always seemed to find was a product of that fact, but I'm just not sure. I think the ownership must have a final say in every move, because he seemed to be a better GM (finding young talent wise) when he didn't have the cash to spend. I certainly don't think he is doing a horrible job (see Jim Duquet) but not quite what I thought was going to go down after a good first 2 years.

Here's the thing I can't understand about Omar though - He seemed to find alot of talent through the farm system when he was with the Expos. All of the talent on that club was brought up through their minor league system. They were basicly a minor league team for the rest of MLB. Possibly the young talent he always seemed to find was a product of that fact, but I'm just not sure. I think the ownership must have a final say in every move, because he seemed to be a better GM (finding young talent wise) when he didn't have the cash to spend. I certainly don't think he is doing a horrible job (see Jim Duquet) but not quite what I thought was going to go down after a good first 2 years.

remember one thing about Omar, he was the long time assistant GM of the Mets under Philips and director of scouting so a lot of that talent we all remember from the old EXPOS days were players that were actually acquired under Kevin Malone in the early 90's. Omar was also the GM when he traded Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore and Brandon Philips for 2 month rental Bartolo Colon. Omar was a terrific Latin American scout with the Mets and was responsible for guys like Reyes and Melvin Mora. I agree with you 100% on the ownership aspect.