SportsWrath

Should Ollie be Dl'd?

xxi-xxv

Go make up some mystery injury, let him work on his mechanics and get some rehab starts. You know he is not going to accept a minor league assignment like Trachsel did in 2001, but he may be willing to have an injury(like Wang) and go find out whats wrong. IMO its his delivery and arm angle, very correctable.

If so and they do this who do you want to see. Dillion Gee? Jon Niese? Freddy Garcia?

I had heard that they were thinking about releasing Garcia, but were unaware they did so. His velocity just could not improve, real shame, guy was a good pitcher at one time and could have helped at some point. I would say Figueroa is a good short term option, but I am thinking more towards a longer term option for replacing Livan, who has not been horrible, but is what he is. IMO the best option is Niese, but if you can guarantee me that Ollie comes back 100% right and Maine and Pelfrey look to stay on course then I can deal with Nelson for a while too.

I know Niese has not been great in AAA, but I chalk that up to a slow start. He had a good 2008 minor league season and pitched well at times with the Mets late last year.

I had heard that they were thinking about releasing Garcia, but were unaware they did so. His velocity just could not improve, real shame, guy was a good pitcher at one time and could have helped at some point. I would say Figueroa is a good short term option, but I am thinking more towards a longer term option for replacing Livan, who has not been horrible, but is what he is. IMO the best option is Niese, but if you can guarantee me that Ollie comes back 100% right and Maine and Pelfrey look to stay on course then I can deal with Nelson for a while too.

I know Niese has not been great in AAA, but I chalk that up to a slow start. He had a good 2008 minor league season and pitched well at times with the Mets late last year.

I can understand the desire to replace a one year journeyman with someone brought up through the system, but if Ollie gets it together and Pelf and Maine return to form (they both looked pretty good in their last starts), I think Livan is just what you want in the 5th slot. If he can consistantly throw 5.2 to 6 innings of 3 to 4 run ball with this bullpen not getting worn out by the other starters, this team will be solid. They have to start knocking in base runners sooner or later right?.......................guys......................guys? <_<

Ollie to the bullpen.

*crosses fingers* :ph34r:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/met...0,7711597.story

I don't know what this is going to prove..when is he going to pitch? When the Mets are getting

blown out by 8 or 9 runs? No way are the Mets ever gonna be up by that much anyways.

I think after this year Ollie is no longer a Met.

I don't know what this is going to prove..when is he going to pitch? When the Mets are getting

blown out by 8 or 9 runs? No way are the Mets ever gonna be up by that much anyways.

I think after this year Ollie is no longer a Met.

I am hardly a big MLB fan or follow it closely but my understanding is a MLB contract is guaranteed. Are the Mets really going to toss away 36 million after a couple starts?

I am hardly a big MLB fan or follow it closely but my understanding is a MLB contract is guaranteed. Are the Mets really going to toss away 36 million after a couple starts?

Strike that....my not being a big MLB fan made me ignorant to the fact that it was Ollie's choice and he is the one wanting to go to the bullpen....

LOL, just saw on SNY that Ollie is headed to the DL with patella tendinitis. Niese is getting called up to pitch in his place.

Yes I spoke to Omar today and told him these were my wishes ;)