SportsWrath

JJ lookin a little shaky in the closer role

mws44

I am surprised at how much drama this USA - Canada game is actually producing. Good game. It's got me in the baseball season mood much more than I was. He finished it off, but after he gave up a run. Tough to be great in March but there was some very real pressure in that 9th.

I am surprised at how much drama this USA - Canada game is actually producing. Good game. It's got me in the baseball season mood much more than I was. He finished it off, but after he gave up a run. Tough to be great in March but there was some very real pressure in that 9th.

David Wright didn't look to good either. :brooding:

I only saw the one at bat that he got jammed inside with the bases loaded. He almost muscled it into the out field, but not quite. No one else did anything in that inning either though.

fortunately Putz will not be closing much ... but think about this bullpen. The man closing for the USA team of stars is the Mets set up man.

For all the criticism this team rightfully deserves for the lack of another legitimate bat in here to protect Wright and Beltran and Delgado you have to tip your hat to Omar for pulling what he did off with the pen.

I was happy to see Putz hitting 95-96 on the gun.

I watched all of that game, and it was a good game. Playoff like atmosphere. Thank God for the WBC. I can't stand spring training and it's too damn long.

These guys calling the game are getting a little annoying though. Too much talk about how much these guys want it and how important it is to them and "you are playing for the name on the front, not the back". Sounds way too rehearsed.