SportsWrath

Ollie Resigned

jranieli

Finally. The rotation is complete and this really solidifies the Mets team going into 2009. We'll see on the outfielder if they go for one or not. I'm wondering if Minaya is now going to talk to Pedro again to try and bring him back for one more. Personally, it's just another arm at this point, and I don't know if Pedro would be content to be "just another arm" fighting for a 5th spot. They are probably better off just moving on, but I have to admit Pedro has that aura about him when he takes the mound, for some reason I get more excited when he is starting a game more than other pitchers not named Santana.

Also got to give it to Minaya a little. The Mets certainly gave a little by giving Perez $12 mil/yr, but they got him for just the 3, not 4 years. So it was a good deal on both sides, and it was good that this didn't drag on into Spring Training.

We'll see on the outfielder, though, who do you have in mind? :P

Finally. The rotation is complete and this really solidifies the Mets team going into 2009. We'll see on the outfielder if they go for one or not. I'm wondering if Minaya is now going to talk to Pedro again to try and bring him back for one more. Personally, it's just another arm at this point, and I don't know if Pedro would be content to be "just another arm" fighting for a 5th spot. They are probably better off just moving on, but I have to admit Pedro has that aura about him when he takes the mound, for some reason I get more excited when he is starting a game more than other pitchers not named Santana.

Also got to give it to Minaya a little. The Mets certainly gave a little by giving Perez $12 mil/yr, but they got him for just the 3, not 4 years. So it was a good deal on both sides, and it was good that this didn't drag on into Spring Training.

We'll see on the outfielder, though, who do you have in mind? :P

Maybe its me call me crazy but I get a tad more excited when Maine or Pelfrey starts.

Of course nothing makes me stop in my tracks like a huge Tatis at bat.....

Maybe its me call me crazy but I get a tad more excited when Maine or Pelfrey starts.

Of course nothing makes me stop in my tracks like a huge Tatis at bat.....

Seriously, the passive aggressive barbs are getting pretty stale, as well as unappreciated at this point. I know we can agree to disagree and just leave it at that.

Seriously, the passive aggressive barbs are getting pretty stale, as well as unappreciated at this point. I know we can agree to disagree and just leave it at that.

A big Tatis at bat does not get your blood flowing? What kind of Wilpon er Mets fan are you?? :P

A big Tatis at bat does not get your blood flowing? What kind of Wilpon er Mets fan are you?? :P

I guess I don't have the cynicism attached to the Wilpons as you do at this point. I may at some point, but I think with the efforts they have made in the past by acquiring some big names and signing them to big contracts, like Johan, Pedro, and Beltran, I feel they have made an earnest effort to put together a winner. I know you feel that they were only doing this muster support for their ballpark, but I feel that they are smart enough to realize that winning contributes greatly to brand image and brand loyalty.