SportsWrath

Schoeneweis traded to the D-backs

Taylorized56

I know nothing of the guy we got. He's pitched mostly in the minors. Here's his baseballcube page

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/R/c...robertson.shtml

12/12/2008 7:22 PM ET

Mets acquire RHP Connor Robertson from Arizona

FLUSHING, N.Y., December 12, 2008 -- The New York Mets tonight acquired righthanded relief pitcher Connor Robertson from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for lefthanded pitcher Scott Schoeneweis and cash considerations.

Robertson, 27, was 0-1 with a 5.14 ERA in nine games with Arizona this past season. In 7.0 innings, he allowed eight hits, four runs, earned, with two walks and two strikeouts. In addition, the 6-2, 220-pounder went 7-4 with a 5.02 ERA in 47 contests with Tucson (AAA) of the Pacific Coast League. In 71.2 innings, he surrendered 69 hits, 45 runs, 40 earned, with 30 walks and 72 strikeouts.

"We're happy to acquire Connor Robertson," said Mets General Manager Omar Minaya. "He has a solid minor league track record and he's a good addition to our system."

Robertson is 29-13 with 24 saves a 2.82 ERA in 217 career minor league games. In 305.0 innings, he's allowed 268 hits, 136 runs, 113 earned, with 123 walks and 382 strikeouts.

He also appeared in three games in relief with the Oakland A's in 2007. Robertson was included along with righthanded pitcher Dan Haren in Oakland's trade with Arizona on December 14, 2007.

Schoeneweis, 35, was 2-6 with a 3.34 ERA in 73 games for the Mets in 2008. In 56.2 innings, he allowed 55 hits, 23 runs, 21 earned, with 23 walks and 34 strikeouts.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/press_rel...sp&c_id=nym

Yeah just saw this. This Connor Robertson guy was not impressive in AAA. He had a plus 5.00 ERA, but did have 72 K's in 71 innings (I think that's right). But he's another righty, and we need another lefty in the pen. I don't think this guy makes the opening day roster unless he has a huge spring.

This move leaves Pedro Feliciano as the only lefty in the pen. I don't really get it. Did we need another power arm, after we have Putz, Stokes, Sanchez, and K-Rod? Now you have to go get us a lefty Omar!

according to MLB trade rumors we are front runners in signing Ken Takahashi.....he is a 39 yr old Crafty Lefty who is dominate v.s. lefties.....it will be intresting to see how his jump from Japan Baseball to the big leaugs will be......Omar is not done makin moves he knows we need some lefties........I think we need 1 more power bat too most likely a Righty...i would love to sign PAt burell......He seems pissed he was cast off like that by the phillies im sure he would love to join there arch rivals.........anyway LETS GOO METS