SportsWrath

Where's the offense?

jranieli

Let me say this one more time, Odalis Perez fucking 4 hit them, fucking Odalis Perez.

and the pen has blown 27 saves and the team does not hit after the 7th inning and there is no leadership from the big 4 and etc etc etc.

Bottom line is this, you see the way these teams relish beating the Mets? Perez jumping up and down when he gets a big out? Its because the Mets and are an arrogant bunch that has WON SHIT, yet they act(reyes)like every 1st inning run is game 7 of the WS.

This is such an unlikeable team its disgusting. Its fucking high time someone takes a leadership role and wills this team to a win. David Wright? Not likely, he is too busy hocking vitamin water and grounding into double plays in big spots.

When the dust settles from this years collapse, there will be some major changes. This cannot be brought into the new stadium.

Remember when they were playing well, up to a week ago, right before the last Phillies series, they showed heart, gut ect. I thought last year was behind them and they can say all they want that last year is last year but this is almost the same team. There are going to be changes next year. What a joke David Wright has become. Maybe us fans should have not put him on a fucking pedestal in the first place and stop comparing him to A-Rod when in reality all he is Joe Crede type of player.

And looks like Tatis is done for the year. He had a great run but it is time to give the kids playing time. I wouldn't mind seeing Murphy in LF for the majority of time. Maybe he can bring some spark back. Ever since Church and Castillo have come back, this is a different team.

Ryan Church has proven to be nothing more than a platoon player. Proof you ask. From the 7th innng on he is hitting 190, a time in the game where the manager can bring in a tough lefty to get him out.

Wright is better than Crede, but he has failed miserably in theclutch of late, of course had the pen been able to get 3 lousy outs Sundayhe would have been the hero but hey we know the pen is theruin of the team.

I am overreacting a bit. The number one blame goes to the pen once again this year. You stick to the guys who have been playing well, not the vets who should not have a spot waiting for them when they come back. This is what killed me about Willie but maybe the front office has a lot of say in things.

I still like their chances. I think it will come down to the last series and Maine will come back and provide a big lift to this team. This team has responded to adversity before and I believe they will do it again. The Mets are hurt big time by the loss of Maine, and his return is important. Niese is going to provide a big lift also down the stretch. These guys are not going to continue NOT hitting. The flood gates are about to open with these bats again. It really hurts losing Tatis, too. But the kids (Murphy and Evans) are going to provide a lift and we're going to get this thing done. Wright needs to stop gripping the effing bat so tight. Someone needs to douse him with cold water or put a pie in his face. He is so damned tight late in the game it's palpable.

Manuel ripped them a new a-hole after tonight's loss, and I think they will respond tomorrow night.

I think the collar is getting a little tight.
I think we might be in trouble......that three game lead was for a coushin For when we play the Fuckin Cubs not the shitty ass braves and nats......What happened to the Clutch david wright??????????? This is REALLY BAD.......my heart will shatter if we dont make the playoffs.......Finally Murph Gets his chance to break this Slide....

I still like their chances. I think it will come down to the last series and Maine will come back and provide a big lift to this team. This team has responded to adversity before and I believe they will do it again. The Mets are hurt big time by the loss of Maine, and his return is important. Niese is going to provide a big lift also down the stretch. These guys are not going to continue NOT hitting. The flood gates are about to open with these bats again. It really hurts losing Tatis, too. But the kids (Murphy and Evans) are going to provide a lift and we're going to get this thing done. Wright needs to stop gripping the effing bat so tight. Someone needs to douse him with cold water or put a pie in his face. He is so damned tight late in the game it's palpable.

Manuel ripped them a new a-hole after tonight's loss, and I think they will respond tomorrow night.

All due respect AJ, but to say this team has responded to adversity is a bit short sighted wouldn't you say? I mean they did BLOW a 7 game lead with 17 to play same time last year. Until they rid themselve of that any short term adversity in season they have overcome really IMO means nothing.

As for Maine, Mianaya said yesterday they are not going to risk him under any circumstances. I care more about his long term health then the POSSIBILITY they he COULD help this sinking ship.

Sadly we are going to have to go down the wire with this bunch in the pen.