SportsWrath

The Denial Stage????

BurnThePhilFans

Listen, and I know I will prob. get blasted for saying this, but I just realized that I find myself wanting Sinorice Moss to "prove" that he has it. You know the stage when you (as a diehard fan) have to try to convince yourself that a player isn't a bust? I remember after 2 bad year with Ron Dayne I found myself unable to give up on the guy just yet. I made up excuses like if he gets the 25+ touches a game he needs, he'll prove people wrong. The reason I bring this up is because I find myself looking for excuses for Moss's poor performance and likelihood of him never being a good wr in the league. I know the guy has been hampered with injuries, but when you say your going to "shock the world" and can't even instill faith in the fans in preseason games (sometimes against 2nd and 3rd string defenses), it might be the time for the Giants FO to admit their mistake and cut their losses.

Listen, and I know I will prob. get blasted for saying this, but I just realized that I find myself wanting Sinorice Moss to "prove" that he has it. You know the stage when you (as a diehard fan) have to try to convince yourself that a player isn't a bust? I remember after 2 bad year with Ron Dayne I found myself unable to give up on the guy just yet. I made up excuses like if he gets the 25+ touches a game he needs, he'll prove people wrong. The reason I bring this up is because I find myself looking for excuses for Moss's poor performance and likelihood of him never being a good wr in the league. I know the guy has been hampered with injuries, but when you say your going to "shock the world" and can't even instill faith in the fans in preseason games (sometimes against 2nd and 3rd string defenses), it might be the time for the Giants FO to admit their mistake and cut their losses.

Well, for the record I knew Ron (self tackle) Dayne was going to be a bust. I hated that draft pick. Having said that, I wasn't to thrill of draft Moss either. Especially since we traded up to get him. But lets see what happens... He's been injured the last 2 years and if he makes the roster, maybe he can prove us wrong. For some reason, this team through out the years, just can not draft WR (Except for Toomer).