SportsWrath

Mets at Reds

jranieli

man Maine looks terrible. Looks like they will be one game back tonight.

I'm a little concerned about Maine. He has been a bit wild. Anyone see how his velocity was tonight? It seems like the 5th inning is where we are always getting in trouble with teams. Maybe it's because it usually is the 3rd time through the order for hitters and they make adjustments.

You have to give the Reds some credit. They are playing some good ball and seem inspired to play. The Reds could have went down the drains but have a nice team. A very dangerous team and have some hitters. All is really needed is to find some better starting pitching and get some semi-decent outfielders, and can make a run in a year or two, maybe three. Baker is a good coach but who knows how long he will be there.

That park is a launching pad as well. Reds certainly do seem to be headed in the right direction with a load of good young talent. The EX GM who put that team together is now with us, so thats a good thing I guess.

Today credit goes to Pelfrey. Yes he gave up 5 runs, but he still gutted out 7 innings. I think Pelfrey has really turned a corner. I find it real fun to watch a homegrown pitcher come into his own.

As for the team, they held serve and are where they want to be heading into the off day and then the Phils. I see no reason to think this team cannot continue to play inspired baseball.

I do not want to see Marlon Anderson in LF anymore. Simply play Tatis until CHurch is ready and then platoon he and Endy.

Do you know who has impressed me, Argenis Reyes. He seems to get on base every at bat and comes up with a big at bat almost every chance he gets. He will probably gets sent down when Castillo comes back or maybe the Mets will not keep three catchers and keep up the hot players. I doubt they will keep Evans up much longer.

That park is a launching pad as well. Reds certainly do seem to be headed in the right direction with a load of good young talent. The EX GM who put that team together is now with us, so thats a good thing I guess.

Today credit goes to Pelfrey. Yes he gave up 5 runs, but he still gutted out 7 innings. I think Pelfrey has really turned a corner. I find it real fun to watch a homegrown pitcher come into his own.

As for the team, they held serve and are where they want to be heading into the off day and then the Phils. I see no reason to think this team cannot continue to play inspired baseball.

I do not want to see Marlon Anderson in LF anymore. Simply play Tatis until CHurch is ready and then platoon he and Endy.

:clap: