SportsWrath

Mets and Cardinals series thread

jranieli

The Mets (40-41) begin a four-game series against the Cardinals (47-36) tonight at Busch Stadium, starting 7:05 pm.

The Lineup:

* SS Jose Reyes

* 2B Luis Castillo

* 3B David Wright

* CF Carlos Beltran

* 1B Carlos Delgado

* RF Ryan Church

* LF Endy Chavez

* C Brian Schneider

* P John Maine

The Pitchers:

RHP John Maine (8-5, 3.73 ERA) starts for the Mets.

RHP Kyle Lohse (9-2, 3.94 ERA) starts for the Cardinals.

It is nice to see the bats showed up tonight. There is no working the count, swing at everything. Hojo is next, the way it is going. There is no good strategy. Lohse is looking like Gibson tonight.

I think I am going to become a Rays fan for the year. This team is just too uninspiring and very hard to watch.

Its like a vicous cycle where you think you have seen it all and then .....

Lets hope the Phils just put them out of their misery soon.

Being excited about a team 3 games out and 2 under .500 does nothing for me.

I think the way it is going with Reyes, I think we are going to hear a lot more calls for him to be traded. He just is not happy and I don't understand what happened to his clutchness he had in 06.

I think the way it is going with Reyes, I think we are going to hear a lot more calls for him to be traded. He just is not happy and I don't understand what happened to his clutchness he had in 06.

Reyes is just plain dumb, simple as that. talented, but really really dumb. His baseball IQ is equivalent to that of a retard. In fact if his baseball IQ determined his mental well being he would be a down sydrome player.

I wish everyone can be like Church. He is reserved but a good hitter. I really like watching him swing, even at a bad pitch. Consistency is a big problem, not with Church but the rest of the team. I think we have talked about this way to much but I cannot stand watching this team score 10 runs one game and then go two games only scoring a total of 4 runs or less. We have seen some bad pitching performances but there are way to many bad plays going on in the field and too many men left on base.

I will say one more thing for tonight. Even though this team has been playing the same ball as it was under Willie, they are smiling more. I really am not sure if it matters but I rather see them smile than frown. Anyone see Perez get nailed in the nuts during the handshakes?

I lied, one more thing. That Nissan Versa commercial is much worse than the Giuseppe Franco commercial. Too bad they could not find a better song than Mr. Jennifer Lopez or whatever his name is. I have to mute it every time that commercial is on. At least Giuseppe commercial is funny.

keep in mind reyes was playing average for the first month and a half of 06 until he had a ridiculous hot stretch in june.

i think reyes is right on track to match his 06 numbers with the one exception being RBI total.

he's a child/bonehead/monkey/whatever you want to call him but the trade calls are stupid. accept him for what he is.

I will say one more thing for tonight. Even though this team has been playing the same ball as it was under Willie, they are smiling more. I really am not sure if it matters but I rather see them smile than frown. Anyone see Perez get nailed in the nuts during the handshakes?

I lied, one more thing. That Nissan Versa commercial is much worse than the Giuseppe Franco commercial. Too bad they could not find a better song than Mr. Jennifer Lopez or whatever his name is. I have to mute it every time that commercial is on. At least Giuseppe commercial is funny.

yes :lol: