SportsWrath

Are the Umps doing it on purpose?

Agreed! I don't know why anyone would want instant replay, anyway, especially since they are only considering hr calls. It seems to me that more games are lost on close calls on the bases or inconsistent ball and strike calls.

There ya go! How about developing electronic balls and strikes. It shouldn't be too hard with today's technology.

To be clear, I'm not supporting the call for instant replay, i think that takes away from the game. Without trying to sound like a purist blowhard, baseball is more low tech than football, and thats part of the appeal.

I don't necessarily believe they are intentionally blowing calls either, the thread was more tongue in cheek than serious, but how can they blow three HR calls in one week? or is it just getting more coverage than usual? cause i can't think of a time when there has been anything this bad regarding HR calls.

There ya go! How about developing electronic balls and strikes. It shouldn't be too hard with today's technology.

that would be the day I stop being a baseball fan. still not over the stupid DH thing.