SportsWrath

Figueroa and Sosa DFA, Pagan to 15 day DL

jranieli

This is outstanding news. This is addition by subtraction if I've ever seen it! Goodbye Sosa! Thank God! Mets brass finally getting it right! I thought Vargas was an interesting choice to start the game on Wednesday, however, he has not performed that well in AAA. Bostick had performed better, but I wonder if it was a matter of adequate rest. But hey, Sosa is gone and it's one game for Vargas. I'm a happy camper! Now the challenge is to YOU, Matt Wise, to be the guy that Sosa was supposed to be!

I like Tatis coming up, he has hit with a lot of power in AAA, so it's nice to have a big bat on the bench.

Good luck to Figgy down on the farm, I hope you do well and make it back to the majors again soon.

The club was trying to trade Sosa on Monday, according to a person familiar with the club's thinking.

I can see it now:

Omar: Hi, this is Omar Minaya, and I'm calling to inquire if your team might be interested in trading for Jorge Sosa?

Other GM: Really! That's great! We'd love to trade for him! And while you're at it, why don't you come over here, bang my wife, kick me in the nuts, and shoot my dog, too!

He will lead this team to the promise land. This move is a fucking joke.

What will be even funnier is when Sosa re-signs with the Braves and their depleted bullpen and has like a 2.50 ERA the rest of the way and comes in and strikes out Wright with the bases loaded in a game.

What will be even funnier is when Sosa re-signs with the Braves and their depleted bullpen and has like a 2.50 ERA the rest of the way and comes in and strikes out Wright with the bases loaded in a game.

Just like how Julio Franco was supposed to come back and haunt us? Come on guys, Sosa is not that good. He is not going to have that great ERA and shut teams down.

Just like how Julio Franco was supposed to come back and haunt us? Come on guys, Sosa is not that good. He is not going to have that great ERA and shut teams down.

Its the Mets, does not matter. Sosa actually has decent stuff and could be a decent reliever or 5th starter if used properly, he has had some moderate success, even as a Met. IMO its no big loss, but you know eventually it will be.

Don't know the Braves situation, but the only teams that would look at Sosa at all would be teams that are absolutely desperate for bullpen help. I keep hearing how his stuff is so good and he throws fairly hard, but all I see is teams go on a hit parade against him, even a team like the Nats, who are the worst hitting team in the Major Leagues.