SportsWrath

It's good to see our RF not showboat after a solo home run

gateb

The way things are going, it may not be long before we can legitimately claim that we won the Lastings Milledge trade, a deal I hated when it happened. With Wright, Beltran, and Church, the middle of our order can be great for a long time.

Even if we get 2-3 years of consistent play from Church I will be satisfied, same with Schneider. No one knows how Milledge will turn out. Maybe his attitude will hold him back. Anyone see that Carlos Gomez hit for the cycle last night? I always liked him and wish we kept him around. Don't expect anything from F-Mart this year. He isn't doing so hot in Binghamton, having some good games and then not having them. It would be a big mistake if he is brought up this year. Carp and Nick Evans are still hitting great and Carp has started to play LF. Evans might be the future first baseman while Carp can play the outfield or can be expendable. I am sure both will be moved too AAA in a month or two.

jranieli, I think as long as Moises can stay healthy, we won't need to call up a young outfield prospect this year. We have Pagan, Endy, and Marlon Anderson in a pinch to spell the outfield at times. We can let F-Mart take his time, and hopefully he will progress nicely despite this early season scuffling. It is also nice that we have two firstbase candidates hitting well in Carp and Evans so that we can be optimistic that at least one of them will be good enough to be Delgado's replacement!

I did see that Gomez hit for the cycle but we got Johan Santana and will have him for a long time. I do think Gomez is a stud but we needed a pitcher and we got the best one available. We weren't going to get him for nothing, so hopefully this is a trade that both teams can be happy with.

I think Church is playing over his head. He's a 29-year old career .270/15 guy. I don't expect him to keep raking like this.

Even if he does cool down he's still incredibly valuable as a fielder.

I think there's definitely a weakness in his swing on the down and in slider. That's where most pitches have been directed to him lately. The few that haven't have been hit hard which is a credit to Church.

Even if he does cool down he's still incredibly valuable as a fielder.

I think there's definitely a weakness in his swing on the down and in slider. That's where most pitches have been directed to him lately. The few that haven't have been hit hard which is a credit to Church.

A good defensive RF is only so valuable. And entered the season a .260 hitter with 3 HR off lefties, yet he's hitting .324 with 2 HR this year vs. lefties. Seems like an aberration moreso than permanent improvement.

A good defensive RF is only so valuable. And entered the season a .260 hitter with 3 HR off lefties, yet he's hitting .324 with 2 HR this year vs. lefties. Seems like an aberration moreso than permanent improvement.

He'll probably end up at that middle ground of .280ish against lefties.. and if he hits righties well then that still means he had a very solid year with the bat.

Here go the Met fans, annointing another to the 6 week hall of fame. We g et 285 22 and 90 out of Church we should be happy. Its like the Angel Pagan thing a few weeks back. Lets enjoy it for now and save for the standing ovations after say 200 at bats.

Here go the Met fans, annointing another to the 6 week hall of fame. We g et 285 22 and 90 out of Church we should be happy. Its like the Angel Pagan thing a few weeks back. Lets enjoy it for now and save for the standing ovations after say 200 at bats.

Only one guy in this thread posted something that could be deemed unrealistic as Church... and it wasn't even that unrealistic.

You are one negative dude, you know that? :TD: