SportsWrath

Fan satisfaction poll

Fans rank teams

I really thought we'd be higher.....I am very very satisfied...we won the freakin Super Bowl!

You can change markets on this from NFL to all sports in general.

Well...several things there JGF. First off......New York has higher expectations out of their pro teams than probably any venue in the world. We expect to win every game and take every championship and anything less is unacceptable. Therefore, our fans don't sit back and relax with a dumb goofy smile on our face when our team plays .500 ball. Secondly, our fans are extremely knowledgable and simply do not understand it when coaches or players make bad or dumb decisions. Thirdly, New Yorkers are not "laid back" like in California or the south. New Yorkers are cold-weather hardened and it tends to lead to hyped, assertive, outspoken, pushy temperaments.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over a poll like this....especially considering that it is based on subjective data. We many not be the "most satisfied" fans, but we are certainly right up there towards the top of the "most passionate" fans.....which to me, is far more important than being happy about following mediocrity.

Don't worry....the Giants rock!! :rock:

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen....

They have us ranked 31 in "Title track" (Past and future titles expected)

We have 3 Superbowl Victories and multipule "Championships"

Yet they rank

Tampa (1sb)

Bal (1sb)

Denver (2sb)

All ahead of us??

Couching...This is a joke

Cards (0 playoffs in past 10 + years)

Texans

Are both ranked higher then us

Total Rank

Seahawks

Jags

Chargers

All ranked as better teams then the Giants??? We have more titles just this past year then they do in their history...

How about total history...How about best coaching staffs ever....BP tree alone has produced 6 superbowls, The Owen tree has produced 7 NFL chanpionshipd and 4 SB titles....

I hate these stoopid things <_<

Well...several things there JGF. First off......New York has higher expectations out of their pro teams than probably any venue in the world. We expect to win every game and take every championship and anything less is unacceptable. Therefore, our fans don't sit back and relax with a dumb goofy smile on our face when our team plays .500 ball. Secondly, our fans are extremely knowledgable and simply do not understand it when coaches or players make bad or dumb decisions. Thirdly, New Yorkers are not "laid back" like in California or the south. New Yorkers are cold-weather hardened and it tends to lead to hyped, assertive, outspoken, pushy temperaments.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over a poll like this....especially considering that it is based on subjective data. We many not be the "most satisfied" fans, but we are certainly right up there towards the top of the "most passionate" fans.....which to me, is far more important than being happy about following mediocrity.

Don't worry....the Giants rock!! :rock:

Very well said. Yep we are not satisfied with mediocrity. I just find it funny that if you change the market to all sports we are like number 38.

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen....

They have us ranked 31 in "Title track" (Past and future titles expected)

We have 3 Superbowl Victories and multipule "Championships"

How about total history...How about best coaching staffs ever....BP tree alone has produced 6 superbowls, The Owen tree has produced 7 NFL chanpionshipd and 4 SB titles....

I hate these stoopid things <_<

Tis true.....the Giants have a very storied history. For instance:

- The Giants have accumulated the third highest number of victories in National Football League history (compare that with the Indianapolis Colts)

- The Giants have had a habit of developing the greatest head coaches in NFL history who have taken other teams to become Superbowl champions.....Bill Parcells (got his very first start in NFL coaching as a defensive coordinator under Giants headcoach Ray Perkins), Bill Belichick, (developed into a head coach after spending 12 years in various coaching roles as a NY Giant under the tutelage of Ray Perkins), Tom Coughlin (3 years as Giants WR Coach under the tutelage of Bill Parcells) and how many people even know that during the 50's, Vince Lombardi cut his teeth as a coach as the offensive coordinator of the Giants opposite Tom Landry who was also cutting his teeth as as a coach as the defensive coordinator for the NY Giants under the tutelage of then head coach Jim Howell? In the world of NFL history, those names are as big as they come folks!!!

- And less we forget, Giants owners Wellington Mara and Bob Tisch did more for the development, fairness, and prosperity of the NFL than any other people associated with the game and are the primary reason that teams in small town markets like Green Bay, Buffalo, and Kansas City, etc., can even maintain an NFL team that can compete with huge market teams.

I don't think any team can even come close to the kind of storied history that the Giants bring to the table. Giants fans have every reason to be proud of this team and they ARE proud of this team. The poll is complete nonsense and totally meaningless as it is based on someone's biased subjective sampling - a type of data collection that would get laughed to scorn by serious statisticians and immediately thrown out in any statistical analysis class for being unrelated to reality and round filed under false and useless information.

Hell, what I find most interesting is that the "most satisfied fans" happen to be those of the Indianapolis Colts whose storied history is nothing more than a midnight sacking and plundering of the Baltimore Colts while Baltimore fans were asleep in their beds and unaware their team was being stolen.

Oh well....who really cares. We are passionate Giants fans and we have much to be proud of including kicking some serious patriot ass in the last superbowl! :rock:

Tis true.....the Giants have a very storied history. For instance:

- The Giants have accumulated the third highest number of victories in National Football League history (compare that with the Indianapolis Colts)

- The Giants have had a habit of developing the greatest head coaches in NFL history who have taken other teams to become Superbowl champions.....Bill Parcells (got his very first start in NFL coaching as a defensive coordinator under Giants headcoach Ray Perkins), Bill Belichick, (developed into a head coach after spending 12 years in various coaching roles as a NY Giant under the tutelage of Ray Perkins), Tom Coughlin (3 years as Giants WR Coach under the tutelage of Bill Parcells) and how many people even know that during the 50's, Vince Lombardi cut his teeth as a coach as the offensive coordinator of the Giants opposite Tom Landry who was also cutting his teeth as as a coach as the defensive coordinator for the NY Giants under the tutelage of then head coach Jim Howell? In the world of NFL history, those names are as big as they come folks!!!

- And less we forget, Giants owners Wellington Mara and Bob Tisch did more for the development, fairness, and prosperity of the NFL than any other people associated with the game and are the primary reason that teams in small town markets like Green Bay, Buffalo, and Kansas City, etc., can even maintain an NFL team that can compete with huge market teams.

I don't think any team can even come close to the kind of storied history that the Giants bring to the table. Giants fans have every reason to be proud of this team and they ARE proud of this team. The poll is complete nonsense and totally meaningless as it is based on someone's biased subjective sampling - a type of data collection that would get laughed to scorn by serious statisticians and immediately thrown out in any statistical analysis class for being unrelated to reality and round filed under false and useless information.

Hell, what I find most interesting is that the "most satisfied fans" happen to be those of the Indianapolis Colts whose storied history is nothing more than a midnight sacking and plundering of the Baltimore Colts while Baltimore fans were asleep in their beds and unaware their team was being stolen.

Oh well....who really cares. We are passionate Giants fans and we have much to be proud of including kicking some serious patriot ass in the last superbowl! :rock:

Well said Bleedin !!!!