SportsWrath

It's been almost one whole year since the Mets have been good

xxi-xxv

Giants made up for it

They certainly did. It still is great and but once baseball season started, it has slowly faded away. I consider myself one of the biggest Giants fans around, well everyone thinks they are but you get what I mean. I am very passionate about my Giants but when it comes to baseball, my first love, nothing compares.

I cried after the Mets lost the NLCS to the Cards. I was angry when the Mets blew the division last year. This year, the team looks lethargic. They got lucky in the Phillies series. If Rollins played all 3 games, who knows but a win is a win. It has been the most painful year and a half but the Giants win did ease the pain but only for a time.

Giants made up for it

Although extremely great, that only makes the sting worse. I wanted to have a year when all of my teams from all sports were at least in the hunt for the championship. The Giants started things off with a bang. My Lakers are continuing it after winning the Pacific Division and about to secure the #1 seed in the West (although my other team... The Bulls... had a terrible year). The Devils, although just now realizing they're in the playoffs, are gonna keep fighting with the Rangers and hopefully move on towards the Stanley Cup Finals. A year ago the Mets had the best offensive lineup in baseball and all of the sudden now we're old. I emailed my last post (although altered somewhat) from the Mets-Brewers Game Thread to the Mets and asked them to have it forwarded to the management, coaches and the team. Hopefully it'll get done and get through to them.

Baseball used to serve as a bridge to get me to football season. Now it's become much more than that.

When someone asked me what I wanted to happen more on September 30th, I said Giants w/o even hesitating.

While I'm not high on this team at all, there may be a time in November when someone bumps threads like these and goes "man, why were we that pessimistic about this team?"

unlikely, but if it does happen, i do look smart in this post :)

• 2 weeks later...
Baseball used to serve as a bridge to get me to football season. Now it's become much more than that.

When someone asked me what I wanted to happen more on September 30th, I said Giants w/o even hesitating.

While I'm not high on this team at all, there may be a time in November when someone bumps threads like these and goes "man, why were we that pessimistic about this team?"

unlikely, but if it does happen, i do look smart in this post :)

You never know. Thee was a time last September when the Giants were 0-2, having given up 80 points in 2 games and Giant fans were feeling the same way. It's a long season, and the key to me, is Reyes, and Sanchez. I hope he stays healthy and gets stronger and we see less of HR Heilman in the 8th inning.

If I'm not mistaken, the Mets went on a nice little streak when Church was batting 2nd. So why the change back to Castillo?

• 2 weeks later...