SportsWrath

Hey Chase Utley

gateb

Fuck you

In a chat for ESPN.com today, Utley was asked by a reader, “Hugging the plate a little too close yesterday don’t ya think?!”

Utley responded:

“As far as hugging the plate, yes, and that’s not gonna change!”

During an appearance today on ESPN Radio’s Mike and Mike in the Morning, Utley said he could have avoided being hit by at least one of those pitches.

Pelfrey can earn some stripes tonight.

He could have easily got out of the way on the third time he was hit. He leaned right into it and then turned his back. It was pathetic. Hope P-Fry throws a fast ball right near his head, you know Rawwger Clemens style.

Pathetic? There's a guy who will do anything, and I mean anything, to get on base and help his team out. Shades of Charlie Hustle in this kid, I wish the Phils could put 9 guys like him out on the field every night. How many guys in the league can you say that for? Besides, he has to hug the plate because he can easily put an inside fastball over the wall and every pitcher knows it, so they all pitch him away.

I don't remember Chase but Howard was a nice guy. He signed a few autographs for me when he played in Scranton. He took a lot of time to sign autographs before games, Victorino was another one. Pat Burrell liked to play the ponies.

Ashame his name is Chase though, pretty gay first name.

P.S. The guy is a real prick, I've met him before and he wasn't a nice guy

at all.

Really? I've met him probably a half dozen times and he's never been anything but a great guy. Always real polite and friendly, didn't mind signing autographs for the kids.

Really? I've met him probably a half dozen times and he's never been anything but a great guy. Always real polite and friendly, didn't mind signing autographs for the kids.

I had to take his luggage out to a waiting car one day cause the guy who is supposed to

it is a worthless asshole, guy didn't even thank me. I know your a professional ball player

and have an ego the size of the Empire State Building, but saying "thank you" won't kill you.

I helped the Mets owner bring down some things from his office, not sure how much the guy

is worth but he even said thank you.

I had to take his luggage out to a waiting car one day cause the guy who is supposed to

it is a worthless asshole, guy didn't even thank me. I know your a professional ball player

and have an ego the size of the Empire State Building, but saying "thank you" won't kill you.

I helped the Mets owner bring down some things from his office, not sure how much the guy

is worth but he even said thank you.

Thats not his fault, he plays in Philly, a place where rudeness is normal, so its probably rubbed off on him.

Right...and New York is a shining beacon for manners and etiquette.

Well, since all I can go on is how people are treated as visiting fans at the Vet/Linc compared to here at Giants STadium the answer is 'yeah compared to the rogues in Philly Nyers look like refined Brits'

Well, since all I can go on is how people are treated as visiting fans at the Vet/Linc compared to here at Giants STadium the answer is 'yeah compared to the rogues in Philly Nyers look like refined Brits'

I got a "Go fuck yourself, your hat and your team" when I wore my Giants superbowl hat

in Philly...I was kinda expecting it, so I just told him one thing "1960."

I got a "Go fuck yourself, your hat and your team" when I wore my Giants superbowl hat

They have 1 championship in the last 25 years, the 83 Sixers, thats it. Unless you wanna count the 85 Nova team :LMAO:

The same shit happens in the meadowlands, don't kid yourself.

The same shit happens in the meadowlands, don't kid yourself.

Umm, I have missed 3 games since 1991 at Giants Stadium, all due respect No it does not.

My 5 year old cousin was boed in 1999 at the Vet with a Strahan jersey, 5 years old. They made the kid cry. You do that in my section at Giants stadium to a kid in an Eagles jersey you are getting a beat down and will be embarassed. Its completely different.

Umm, I have missed 3 games since 1991 at Giants Stadium, all due respect No it does not.

My 5 year old cousin was boed in 1999 at the Vet with a Strahan jersey, 5 years old. They made the kid cry. You do that in my section at Giants stadium to a kid in an Eagles jersey you are getting a beat down and will be embarassed. Its completely different.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. I've seen it with my own eyes quite a few times.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. I've seen it with my own eyes quite a few times.

well, I will take my opinion based on years and years of sitting in a stadium where fans of other teams although often take a good ribbing do not get harassed on the level that I have experienced myself the 7 times I have been to the Vet/Linc.

I feel confident based on my familiarity with Giant games that for the most part Eagle fans from Philly are far worse in terms of how they treat fans of other teams at their stadium.

1960 was the last time the Eagles won an NFL championship, right?