SportsWrath

Parcells in Miami

Sephiroth

I keep reading about how Parcells is going to turn around the ship in Miami, but honestly... aside from Curtis Martin... can anyone name an impact signing he's ever had as GM? I think he's a poor-to-average evaluator of talent.

His best draft was Pennington, Abraham, Ellis, and that TE that never did squat... a starting QB with a weak arm, two so-so pass rushers and a guy who's name I can't even remember. He also traded away Hugh Douglass (5 Pro Bowls) to draft Dorian Boose (zero Pro Bowls). The guy passed on Steven Jackson so he could get... Julius Jones? The one I've gotta give him is DeMarcus Ware, but let's not forget he ALSO took do-nothing Marcus Spears in the same round of the same draft.

I just don't get why everyone is on Parcells' dick. He's an average evaluator of talent, IMHO... no better than the guys we get mad at for missing on first-rounders.

I keep reading about how Parcells is going to turn around the ship in Miami, but honestly... aside from Curtis Martin... can anyone name an impact signing he's ever had as GM? I think he's a poor-to-average evaluator of talent.

His best draft was Pennington, Abraham, Ellis, and that TE that never did squat... a starting QB with a weak arm, two so-so pass rushers and a guy who's name I can't even remember. He also traded away Hugh Douglass (5 Pro Bowls) to draft Dorian Boose (zero Pro Bowls). The guy passed on Steven Jackson so he could get... Julius Jones? The one I've gotta give him is DeMarcus Ware, but let's not forget he ALSO took do-nothing Marcus Spears in the same round of the same draft.

I just don't get why everyone is on Parcells' dick. He's an average evaluator of talent, IMHO... no better than the guys we get mad at for missing on first-rounders.

Taking into account that Jones will never allow anyone to have the GM title and that the Cowboys have never stockpiled talent unless Jones had Jimmy Johnson or Parcellls working alongside him you have to give him credit for what he did in Dallas. That team has Parcells talent written all over it. He was responsible for Romo, Ware, Newman, Gurode, Barber, Witten, Crayton etc. Let us not forget he passes on STeven Jackson and traded DOWN, aquiring more picks. Parcells was also the man who drafted many of the player on the Pats teams of the late 90's and early 00's. Bruschi, Troy Brown, Ty Law, Lawyer Malloy, Ben Coates, Willie MCginest, all guys he got as Pats chef/grocery shopper.

I am not saying he is a terrific GM, but the spots he has been in got better both when he was there and after he left, aside from maybe the Jets, whom ironically he left stockpiled with 3/4 defense talent, they hired Herm Edwards stockpiled all 4/3 Tampa 2 talent and now are reshaping that to be 3/4 defense talent. :TU:

Taking into account that Jones will never allow anyone to have the GM title and that the Cowboys have never stockpiled talent unless Jones had Jimmy Johnson or Parcellls working alongside him you have to give him credit for what he did in Dallas. That team has Parcells talent written all over it. He was responsible for Romo, Ware, Newman, Gurode, Barber, Witten, Crayton etc. Let us not forget he passes on STeven Jackson and traded DOWN, aquiring more picks. Parcells was also the man who drafted many of the player on the Pats teams of the late 90's and early 00's. Bruschi, Troy Brown, Ty Law, Lawyer Malloy, Ben Coates, Willie MCginest, all guys he got as Pats chef/grocery shopper.

I am not saying he is a terrific GM, but the spots he has been in got better both when he was there and after he left, aside from maybe the Jets, whom ironically he left stockpiled with 3/4 defense talent, they hired Herm Edwards stockpiled all 4/3 Tampa 2 talent and now are reshaping that to be 3/4 defense talent. :TU:

I didn't think he was GM in Dallas?