SportsWrath

Official U.S. Postage stamps of NY Giants

US Patriot

I received in the mail an advertisement from the "Postal Commemorative Society" which stated that the post office is going to produce official 41 cent stamps of all the New York Giants. This society offered at a cost of $10.50 panels containing 4 stamps. It wanted me to sign up to continue to receive different panels after I receive the first one.

I went to the official U S Post Office web site and there was no information about the post office going to produce offical (legal) postage stamps of the New York Giants.

Has anyone else heard about this offer. If it is true that the post office is going to produce these stamps and only sell them to the Postal Commemorative Society, is that not an illegal act. I would not doubt that it will happen and: I DON'T DOUBT THAT SOMEONE IN THE POST OFFICE IS RECEIVING A LARGE PAY-OFF FOR DOING THIS. I sent this advertisement to my Congressman and asked him to investigate this situation.

BTW, I didn't send it to my state senator, Hil the Pill because she is too busy trying to be famous to work for the citizens of NY State.

I got a mailer advertising them. My first thought was...I'm going to go right down to the post office and get me some of those stamps. So I tried to look them up on the internet and the U.S. Postal service has nothing about them. So I checked the flier and it says, Postal Commemorative Society, Norwalk, CT. So of course, I googled their site and found nothing on the Giants stamps.

So here's what I think. I think they aren't U.S. Postal Stamps and some sort of a collectors item. I've looked at the pictures of the stamps on the flier and I don't see the words "U.S. Postage" anywhere on them. It caused enough doubt in my mind that I don't plan on buying them. If I could go down to the Post Office and buy them, I'd buy enough to last me a few years and I'd use them for all my mailings....except I'd keep a sheet of them to include with my issue of Sports Illustrated after the Giants win as well as several newspapers the following morning.

I got a mailer advertising them. My first thought was...I'm going to go right down to the post office and get me some of those stamps. So I tried to look them up on the internet and the U.S. Postal service has nothing about them. So I checked the flier and it says, Postal Commemorative Society, Norwalk, CT. So of course, I googled their site and found nothing on the Giants stamps.

So here's what I think. I think they aren't U.S. Postal Stamps and some sort of a collectors item. I've looked at the pictures of the stamps on the flier and I don't see the words "U.S. Postage" anywhere on them. It caused enough doubt in my mind that I don't plan on buying them. If I could go down to the Post Office and buy them, I'd buy enough to last me a few years and I'd use them for all my mailings....except I'd keep a sheet of them to include with my issue of Sports Illustrated after the Giants win as well as several newspapers the following morning.

I sent the contents of the envelope to my Congressman to have him investigate the validity of these stamps, so I can't comment on what the mailer said. I do have, however, the envelope and on the outside of the envelope it says: " NY Official U. S. postage honoring the Super Bowl XLII champions New York Giants." This would seem to indicate that the stamps are valid. It will be interesting to find out if this organization is trying to perpetrate a fraud and if the post office is involved.