SportsWrath

Gnats !

feefifoefum

I've been looking around online and see alot of Yankee fans, and even media, blaming the loss on gnats. Do these people realize that the Indians played under the same conditions? Most of you guys here are pretty smart. Please tell me you aren't blaming the gnats. Did they really cause the Yankees to get only 3 hits in 11 innings? Is it too hard for Yankee fans to give credit to the other team when it is due?

I've been looking around online and see alot of Yankee fans, and even media, blaming the loss on gnats. Do these people realize that the Indians played under the same conditions? Most of you guys here are pretty smart. Please tell me you aren't blaming the gnats. Did they really cause the Yankees to get only 3 hits in 11 innings? Is it too hard for Yankee fans to give credit to the other team when it is due?

I think dicks did it, because the Yankees were too busy choking on them.

I cannot blame the gnats. Carmona was not affected by it as much as Chamberlain was though. The Yankees had their chances and had a lot of luck during the game the Indians should have scored more than two runs during that game.

You do extensive research on the Yankees and their fans? The Indians only got one hit, was that the gnats? I understand they were actually midges but I am sure you know that considering your extensive research with a team you probably aren't obsessed with. Now, my comparison between you and termite head might seem clearer. There's nothing quite like that guy who can declare he doesnt care and yet simply cant stay away.

You do extensive research on the Yankees and their fans? The Indians only got one hit, was that the gnats? I understand they were actually midges but I am sure you know that considering your extensive research with a team you probably aren't obsessed with. Now, my comparison between you and termite head might seem clearer. There's nothing quite like that guy who can declare he doesnt care and yet simply cant stay away.

The Indians only got one hit? I think the boxscore says otherwise. It didn't take extensive research to know that Yankee fans were going to use the members of the NEMATOCERAN DIPTERA family as an excuse. I could tell right away as one of the guys calling the game called them "massive flying insects". That, and the perceived notion that Joba the Gut is unflappable, and it was obvious what was to come. Sure enough, all my Yankee fan friends had the same excuse. The insects did it !

I like baseball, and have done as much reading about the Phillies, Cubs, and other playoff matchups currently in session, but why would I address those teams here if there are no fans of said teams posting here? Kaz Matsui says he played well in New York. What the hell is he talking about? Jimmy Rollins seems to be at odds with his manager after taking out the starting pitcher too early in Game 2. That's information, not extensive research.

I think it's you who's obsessed with another team, though. Nice sig... :TU:

Oh, gnats are also lumped into the NEMATOCERAN DIPTERA family, sorry for being way off on that one. Perhaps you should have done some extensive research before trying to call me out on a gnat-sized technicality.

Joba in the 7th was a little different than Joba in the 8th. This is Cleveland were obviously they were used to it. I'm not blaming the bugs, but it is what it is.

No one can be used to that. That was an abnormal amount of bugs on the field. I saw players from both teams swatting them away, and let's be honest, it wasn't the bugs that allowed the Yankees to get only 3 hits.

The Indians only got one hit? I think the boxscore says otherwise. It didn't take extensive research to know that Yankee fans were going to use the members of the NEMATOCERAN DIPTERA family as an excuse. I could tell right away as one of the guys calling the game called them "massive flying insects". That, and the perceived notion that Joba the Gut is unflappable, and it was obvious what was to come. Sure enough, all my Yankee fan friends had the same excuse. The insects did it !

I like baseball, and have done as much reading about the Phillies, Cubs, and other playoff matchups currently in session, but why would I address those teams here if there are no fans of said teams posting here? Kaz Matsui says he played well in New York. What the hell is he talking about? Jimmy Rollins seems to be at odds with his manager after taking out the starting pitcher too early in Game 2. That's information, not extensive research.

I think it's you who's obsessed with another team, though. Nice sig... :TU:

Oh, gnats are also lumped into the NEMATOCERAN DIPTERA family, sorry for being way off on that one. Perhaps you should have done some extensive research before trying to call me out on a gnat-sized technicality.

Unbelievable. The worrisome part is you actually have to go out and about thiking like this. So, you only checked one website and that was enough to make you an authority but not extensive research? You're not confusing me but you might need to regroup what you actually mean. I don'y have a lot of respect for moral relativists.

Your sig.? The one with the dead Eagle? On a scale of obsession, I think you might actually win. Not to mention it's a federal crime to kill a bald eagle, whereas as far as I can see from Mets fans on the tele, they also think their team went down the...

Also, I am pleased to see I prompted you to do some research on small annoying insects. I trust you learned something about yourself to boot.

Unbelievable. The worrisome part is you actually have to go out and about thiking like this. So, you only checked one website and that was enough to make you an authority but not extensive research? You're not confusing me but you might need to regroup what you actually mean. I don'y have a lot of respect for moral relativists.

Your sig.? The one with the dead Eagle? On a scale of obsession, I think you might actually win. Not to mention it's a federal crime to kill a bald eagle, whereas as far as I can see from Mets fans on the tele, they also think their team went down the...

Also, I am pleased to see I prompted you to do some research on small annoying insects. I trust you learned something about yourself to boot.

It's funny, you keep calling me out asking me what makes me an authority, yet every post of yours declares Met fans as this and that. What makes you an authority?

I merely suggested that Yankee fans not blame insects, I never said I was an authority on anything. Please learn to comprehend what you are reading. Pretty hard to do, I know. I feel for you.

It's football season, and the Giants played the Eagles last week. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

The Yankees played the Mets 3 months ago. Let it go. Worry about the Indians.

I don't want your respect. Seeing as you're not too bright, I would actually be offended by it.

As far as obsession, you seem to have more to say about me than the Yankees, Mets, Giants etc... It's a Yankee fan trait, to personalize every debate instead of sticking to the teams and players on them. I'm not surprised. Whoops! Am I making myself an authority again? Let me call myself out so you don't have to waste your time searching for that one smoking gun in my post.

I envision you as Bull from Night Court when I read your posts. How accurate am I ?