SportsWrath

Parcells wanted to be Giants G.M.

RandolphScott

Its crazy to think the loyalty and patence the Giants have shown to several coaches that were horrible. Fassel never got us to the playoffs twice in a row. But when It comes to Coughlin its all your fired if you dont get us deep into the playoffs? Even after he brought this injury riddled team there the last 2 years in a row. And we should have won against Philly.

should have won? how so? they were the better team with the better coaching staff. and i dont want to hear anything about injuries from anyone who overlooked them to bash jim fassel

i dont care about weiss, i care about coughlin not being here

....by accident

You don't get the vibe that we held on to Coughlin for another year in the event that we either dominate or we have prime coaching candidates available in 08 (Belichick, Cowher, etc.)?

I'm not a fan of TC but I'd rather have the guy who's been to two AFCCG then the coach that has yet to win a bowl game.

I do like Petrino though...

ugh, with our cast of characters I don't think Parcells would be a good match.

Call me crazy but Young was right in not wanting to bring him back. He really screwed us in 91 leaving us with Ray Fucking Handley. The guy is an ass, he never has any loyalty to his team. He's playing for first place and he's basically begging the division rival for a GM job at the end of the year.

And I don't think he's that great a coach either anymore, but that's just me. Not as bad as the Cowboys players are making him out to be, but not a championship caliber coach.

You are going to talk to me about our cast of players in terms of Parcells? We have Coughlin for christs sakes, he makes Parcells look like Herm Edwards as a players coach.

As for him handling them, this man handled LT well before he became the legend he is now, I worry not one bit on how he would handle our overrated cast of superstars, who think they are better than they are.

Young was not right, he fucked up with 2 coaches by 1997, he was an absolute disaster as a Gm post 1993 when free agency came into being and if he was not such a prick, Parcells(who was gm/coach)from 93-96 in NE could have actually helped him in the ways of the new NFL.

He did not leave the team with Handley, Handley was the choice. The front office and Young did not like Belichick and have stated on numerous occasions that they were not going to choose him even if he had not gone to Cleveland right after the SB and was there in May when Parcells abruptly stepped down.

All anyone needs to know about Parcells is this. He took over a Cowboys team so short on talent it was a miracle in 03 that they made he playoffs. He turned the roster over and drafted/aquired a plethora of talent that should be good. He also was his own worst enemy because of the fact he was so good in 03, he actually hurt the team gong forward as it took 3 years, and 4 qb's to find some stability at the spot. Imagine had the 03 Cowboys did what the experts said and their talent dictated they should have? They would have been awful and had a shot at ELI, Roethlisberger or Rivers in the 04 draft. DO not let anyone kid you, that 2003 Cowboys season led by Quincy Carter was all Bill Parcells, unless of course you want to give credit to Troy Hambrick.

You don't get the vibe that we held on to Coughlin for another year in the event that we either dominate or we have prime coaching candidates available in 08 (Belichick, Cowher, etc.)?

I'm not a fan of TC but I'd rather have the guy who's been to two AFCCG then the coach that has yet to win a bowl game.

I do like Petrino though...

that's fair. all im saying is that he should have been fired. there's not much of a precedent of teams holding onto coaches who they don't like for an extra year just in case a few coaching candidates, who might not even end up being available, want to sign here. So i don't really support that type of reasoning--whether they employed it or not

I'd like to see a book that talks about how "furious" Fassel was when EA drafted Ron Dayne or how George Young had straight out lost his marbles towards the end of his tenure.

I'd like to see how the ownership could possibly expect people to want to play for the Giants when so much of the decision-making was hap-hazzard.

This organization and the ownership sounds like its a ragtag group.

Charlie Weiss as a first option and then Patrino. I don't think those are great choices. I think you want to look at someone like Gruden: anyone who has some stones and an attitude.

I'd like to see a book that talks about how "furious" Fassel was when EA drafted Ron Dayne or how George Young had straight out lost his marbles towards the end of his tenure.

I'd like to see how the ownership could possibly expect people to want to play for the Giants when so much of the decision-making was hap-hazzard.

This organization and the ownership sounds like its a ragtag group.

Charlie Weiss as a first option and then Patrino. I don't think those are great choices. I think you want to look at someone like Gruden: anyone who has some stones and an attitude.

I guess if you really wanted to fuck up Eli Manning you could hire him.

He did wonders with Chris Simms.