SportsWrath

New entry to my Mets blog

RandolphScott

This time last year the Mets were in first place by 12 games and were in full onslaught of the National League. This year? Eh, not so much. They have a very pedestrian record of 47- 38 and hold a two game lead over the Atlanta Braves. 1 month ago, Billy Wagner called out his team saying they didn't have fight in them and the 2006 team was much better, Wagner one to tell it like it is (Just ask Pat Burrell) is 100 percent right in what he said. The Mets have acted like they won the World Series, they didn't. As you might re-call they lost in game 7 of the NLCS.

t1_wagner.jpg

Billy Wagner is right on the money with the 2007 Mets.

This past month showed us how much the Mets have coasted for pretty much most of the year.

Carlos Delgado's season long slump, David Wright's leg kick and uppercut swing, Jose Reyes failing to run out groundballs, the list goes on and on. Two nights ago the immortal Gary Cohen said to us "The Mets have not won a game where their starters have given up more than 3 runs, since May 17th"

THAT'S OVER 2 AND HALF MONTHS. And you know what that shows us? The Mets have no fight in them, ZERO comeback wins (last year you may remember the Mets had a plethora of them), questionable free agent signings, questionable trades and the list goes on and on. Yeah, Omar I'm looking at you. Most Mets fans probably give him a free pass for all that's he done for us fans, but I don't. Helen Keller could have foreshadowed the Moises Alou signing. Aren't all of you glad we replaced the well liked, but often injured Cliff Floyd for Moises Alou? I'm bursting with joy over it. Giving Guillermo Mota a two year contract worth 5 million dollars AFTER he was busted for using 'roids. His ERA is currently 7.71. Omar for signing Scott Schoeneweis to a 3 year 10 million dollar contract. Whenever he is usually in the game, the Mets lose. The trade of Brian Bannister for Ambioriox Burgos. Burgos is currently in triple A and Bannister has an ERA of 3.71 for the Royals. Anyone think Bannister could be helping the Mets with their rotation now?

I've always been one to defend the people who Minaya signs, but it's becoming increasingly ironic that he is ALWAYS looking at latin players, I'm not a xenophobe by any means, but it's pretty clear to miss. I've also heard it thru the grapevine that the Mets are looking to replace Paul Lo Duca with Ronny Paulino of the Pirates. If the Mets are buyers in this years market, Minaya better hold onto Pelfrey and Humber like their last names are Gomez and Gonzalez.

The Mets better pull this together after the All Star break, or else they will be in deep shit.

Unfair! Yes we are struggling but Willie will get things working, we are hurt right now. Pedro will be back as well as Alou, Chavez and Gomez, we will be fine.

This time last year the Mets were in first place by 12 games and were in full onslaught of the National League. This year? Eh, not so much. They have a very pedestrian record of 47- 38 and hold a two game lead over the Atlanta Braves. 1 month ago, Billy Wagner called out his team saying they didn't have fight in them and the 2006 team was much better, Wagner one to tell it like it is (Just ask Pat Burrell) is 100 percent right in what he said. The Mets have acted like they won the World Series, they didn't. As you might re-call they lost in game 7 of the NLCS.

t1_wagner.jpg

Billy Wagner is right on the money with the 2007 Mets.

This past month showed us how much the Mets have coasted for pretty much most of the year.

Carlos Delgado's season long slump, David Wright's leg kick and uppercut swing, Jose Reyes failing to run out groundballs, the list goes on and on. Two nights ago the immortal Gary Cohen said to us "The Mets have not won a game where their starters have given up more than 3 runs, since May 17th"

THAT'S OVER 2 AND HALF MONTHS. And you know what that shows us? The Mets have no fight in them, ZERO comeback wins (last year you may remember the Mets had a plethora of them), questionable free agent signings, questionable trades and the list goes on and on. Yeah, Omar I'm looking at you. Most Mets fans probably give him a free pass for all that's he done for us fans, but I don't. Helen Keller could have foreshadowed the Moises Alou signing. Aren't all of you glad we replaced the well liked, but often injured Cliff Floyd for Moises Alou? I'm bursting with joy over it. Giving Guillermo Mota a two year contract worth 5 million dollars AFTER he was busted for using 'roids. His ERA is currently 7.71. Omar for signing Scott Schoeneweis to a 3 year 10 million dollar contract. Whenever he is usually in the game, the Mets lose. The trade of Brian Bannister for Ambioriox Burgos. Burgos is currently in triple A and Bannister has an ERA of 3.71 for the Royals. Anyone think Bannister could be helping the Mets with their rotation now?

I've always been one to defend the people who Minaya signs, but it's becoming increasingly ironic that he is ALWAYS looking at latin players, I'm not a xenophobe by any means, but it's pretty clear to miss. I've also heard it thru the grapevine that the Mets are looking to replace Paul Lo Duca with Ronny Paulino of the Pirates. If the Mets are buyers in this years market, Minaya better hold onto Pelfrey and Humber like their last names are Gomez and Gonzalez.

The Mets better pull this together after the All Star break, or else they will be in deep shit.

Genius line :clap:

I have no faith in the club as a whole this year.

Reyes - plays with heart but slumping a little bit right now

Lo Duca - solid, not as clutch this year but solid

Beltran - Strikes out way to much.

Wright - I have no problem with him

Delgado - Playing a little better as of late but has to start hitting more consistantly and stop swinging at everything

Green - flat out sucks

Valentin - not playing as well as last year. I have no faith when he is at the plate

Alou - can't get back soon enough

Rest of outfielders - not good enough. I want to see what LMillz can do when he gets back. I like Gomez but needs more seasoning

Bench: Sucks

Starting Pitching - except for a few starts, it has been good this year. I don't have any complaints

Pullpen - I wish we did not let Oliver and Bradford go last year. I would have overpaid. Pen has been bad as of late except Wagner. Smith has been over used.

I was very excited going into this year about this team. Great on paper but these guys have not produced. There is so much potential with these guys. I am not worried about Wright, Reyes, Alou (except for injuries) and Lo Duca but I am worried about everyone else. I am not worried about the starting pitching but the pen scares me but not as much as most NL teams. Here's to a better second half :cheers:

I'm for Gotay becoming a regular starting 2b. I remember saying in spring training how much I liked his swing and that he looks like he could be good with some seasoning, looks like he's proving me right. Great at bat after great at bat, good #2 hitter, ability to go to all fields, good speed, and is just a ball player.