SportsWrath

I hate to say it but it looks as though we are done.

charlietags

Who goes and who stays? I think Joe Girardi tipped his hand when he didn't take the job. So Torre is gone. How about the players. Does A-Rod stay? I say he goes to the highest bidder which may still be the Yanks if they don't make the playoffs which is strating to seem like a far distant dream at this point.

Now as a fan for 55 years plus I never give up hope but it is still looking tougher & tougher.

Who goes and who stays? I think Joe Girardi tipped his hand when he didn't take the job. So Torre is gone. How about the players. Does A-Rod stay? I say he goes to the highest bidder which may still be the Yanks if they don't make the playoffs which is strating to seem like a far distant dream at this point.

Now as a fan for 55 years plus I never give up hope but it is still looking tougher & tougher.

I'd love to say that they aren't done yet but I'll go through the lineup and say who goes and who stays:

C. Posada needs to be resigned as we have no viable replacement.

1B. Barring a miracle coming up from the minor leagues (someone with more in-depth knowledge of the farm system help me here) this is a trade deadline or FA problem. Giambi needs to be released.

2B. Cano stays, although maybe it's just me I think he might need someone to push him.... he needs more consistancy at the plate, we don't need the Soriano syndrome at the plate.

SS. Jeter, of course stays but might want to consider trying to talk to him about switching with A-Rod.... his range is decreasing and it did help prolong Cal Ripkens career.

3B A-Rod even if he opts out should be resigned, nobody else is anywhere close in terms of production..... now if he could only stay on the back page of the papers instead of page 6.

RF. Abreu is killing me, at the plate I like what he has been up to..... in the field I'm not sure if I have ever seen anyone so intimidated of the wall.

CF. Melky is a good kid but I'm not certian that his bat will ever scare anyone, he has his moments at the plate where he looks comfortable and then the next at bat he looks like a little leaguer. His defense is better than anyone else we have in the outfield now, so I guess stays.

CF II. Damon, I love the fact that we win when he is in the lineup I just can't understand why he cant stay healthy... stays for another year.

LF. Matsui has to go, he's on the down side of his career and needs to be moved.... make a deal with someone for pitching help and unload him.

Starting Pitching

Pettite- If it weren't for the fact that Houston is scoring less than the Yankees I'm sure he'd be trying to rip up his contract right now, stays, I haven't seen him work this hard to accompish so little in years.

Mussina- Gone, I'll buy his bus ticket for him. This guy is more mentally fragile than a victim of shell shock.

Wang - Stays, gotta hope he can be the #1 for a few mor years.

Clemens- Ehhhh, not sure.... can't trade him so I guess after this season is over we will again play the wait and see with Roger again.

Clippard- I think he can be a MLB quality pitcher he just needs another year or two to get his game together, perhaps a trade package with him and someone else to bring in a 1'st baseman.

Rasner, Karstens, Wright- Career minor leaguers, the only reason they played is because of injury.

Hughes- Can't get healthy fast enough, needs to work with Clemens and get some experience.... future #1?

Pavano- Is there a smiley for blowing your brains out? No? I guess this will suffice : :chair: Gone.

Igawa- See Pavano

Bullpen

Mo- Stays, gotta resign him and get him in games where there are save opportunities otherwise he gets stale sitting in the pen.

Farnsworth- Good to see some emotion out of him but I don't think that it will translate into him being any more effective- trade bait.

Bruney- Needs more time & consistancy... totally not ready for the bigs yet.

Proctor- Someone call this kid a lawyer, he needs to sue Joe Torre for abuse. Keeper, will thrive when not asked to carry the torch for 2+ innings.

Villone- Torre favorite, only reason he is here. Released after the season.

Vizciano- Stays, starting to get it together and is effective. Unfortunatley his age will only give him a few more years.

Myers- Stays, still effective against lefties.

Managers

Cashman- Stays, not sure why but I just don't think that he got 3 rings for nothing. And I think that George is afraid to let him go as he doesn't know who to replace him with.

Torre- Gone, retire and drink Bigelow Green Tea to your hearts content Joe.

Donny Baseball- I love you Donnie but please don't get the coaching gig, you're too much like Joe & this team needs a change of pace.

Guidry- Stays, unless anyone can get Mel to come back from retirement.

Pena- Stays, good guy to have as a base coach.... doesn't get guys caught often.

Bowa- If it weren't for the fact that Girardi is available I'd make Bowa the next coach, fiery and just what this team needs.

Next manager: Joe Girardi, end of story this needs to happen.

I'd love to say that they aren't done yet but I'll go through the lineup and say who goes and who stays:

C. Posada needs to be resigned as we have no viable replacement.

1B. Barring a miracle coming up from the minor leagues (someone with more in-depth knowledge of the farm system help me here) this is a trade deadline or FA problem. Giambi needs to be released.

2B. Cano stays, although maybe it's just me I think he might need someone to push him.... he needs more consistancy at the plate, we don't need the Soriano syndrome at the plate.

SS. Jeter, of course stays but might want to consider trying to talk to him about switching with A-Rod.... his range is decreasing and it did help prolong Cal Ripkens career.

3B A-Rod even if he opts out should be resigned, nobody else is anywhere close in terms of production..... now if he could only stay on the back page of the papers instead of page 6.

RF. Abreu is killing me, at the plate I like what he has been up to..... in the field I'm not sure if I have ever seen anyone so intimidated of the wall.

CF. Melky is a good kid but I'm not certian that his bat will ever scare anyone, he has his moments at the plate where he looks comfortable and then the next at bat he looks like a little leaguer. His defense is better than anyone else we have in the outfield now, so I guess stays.

CF II. Damon, I love the fact that we win when he is in the lineup I just can't understand why he cant stay healthy... stays for another year.

LF. Matsui has to go, he's on the down side of his career and needs to be moved.... make a deal with someone for pitching help and unload him.

Starting Pitching

Pettite- If it weren't for the fact that Houston is scoring less than the Yankees I'm sure he'd be trying to rip up his contract right now, stays, I haven't seen him work this hard to accompish so little in years.

Mussina- Gone, I'll buy his bus ticket for him. This guy is more mentally fragile than a victim of shell shock.

Wang - Stays, gotta hope he can be the #1 for a few mor years.

Clemens- Ehhhh, not sure.... can't trade him so I guess after this season is over we will again play the wait and see with Roger again.

Clippard- I think he can be a MLB quality pitcher he just needs another year or two to get his game together, perhaps a trade package with him and someone else to bring in a 1'st baseman.

Rasner, Karstens, Wright- Career minor leaguers, the only reason they played is because of injury.

Hughes- Can't get healthy fast enough, needs to work with Clemens and get some experience.... future #1?

Pavano- Is there a smiley for blowing your brains out? No? I guess this will suffice : :chair: Gone.

Igawa- See Pavano

Bullpen

Mo- Stays, gotta resign him and get him in games where there are save opportunities otherwise he gets stale sitting in the pen.

Farnsworth- Good to see some emotion out of him but I don't think that it will translate into him being any more effective- trade bait.

Bruney- Needs more time & consistancy... totally not ready for the bigs yet.

Proctor- Someone call this kid a lawyer, he needs to sue Joe Torre for abuse. Keeper, will thrive when not asked to carry the torch for 2+ innings.

Villone- Torre favorite, only reason he is here. Released after the season.

Vizciano- Stays, starting to get it together and is effective. Unfortunatley his age will only give him a few more years.

Myers- Stays, still effective against lefties.

Managers

Cashman- Stays, not sure why but I just don't think that he got 3 rings for nothing. And I think that George is afraid to let him go as he doesn't know who to replace him with.

Torre- Gone, retire and drink Bigelow Green Tea to your hearts content Joe.

Donny Baseball- I love you Donnie but please don't get the coaching gig, you're too much like Joe & this team needs a change of pace.

Guidry- Stays, unless anyone can get Mel to come back from retirement.

Pena- Stays, good guy to have as a base coach.... doesn't get guys caught often.

Bowa- If it weren't for the fact that Girardi is available I'd make Bowa the next coach, fiery and just what this team needs.

Next manager: Joe Girardi, end of story this needs to happen.

I think it should read,

Igawa-See Damon Damon-See Pavano

As Damon has been nothing but a big fucking waste of money.

I can't believe you guys are giving up on the season. There's still a Wild Card to be had, and all it takes to win the World Series is getting hot at the right time. (06 Cardinals)

The Yankees still have good enough pitching to stay competitive, and there is always help right around the corner at the trading deadline.