SportsWrath

NEW CBA DEAL IN PLACE

Exit 117

Could add up to $10M in cap room for each team - Jets are $15M under the $94.5M, meaning the new deal would put them at $20M to $25M under the cap for free agency. Nice.

The deal passed with a 30-2 vote, the two negative votes being Buffalo and Cincinnatti.

NFL | More details on labor agreement

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:14:02 -0800

Mark Maske, of the Washington Post, reports NFL owners agreed to a system that increases the degree to which the teams share locally generated revenues, easing the concerns of some owners about a growing economic divide between clubs. The deal sets the salary cap for the players at slightly less than 60 percent of a greatly expanded pool of league revenues. The league's free-agent market is scheduled to open at 12:01 a.m. (EST) Friday, March 10. Teams must be under the new salary cap by Thursday night, March 9.

Bills | Team votes against new CBA

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:54:13 -0800

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Buffalo Bills were one of two teams to vote against the new NFL collective bargaining agreement.

Bengals | Team votes against new CBA

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:53:50 -0800

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Cincinnati Bengals were one of two teams to vote against the new NFL collective bargaining agreement.

NFL | New salary cap at $104 million

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:52:33 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the salary cap for the 2006 season will be set at $104 million. The free agency period will start at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, March 10.

NFL | More details on labor agreement

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:14:02 -0800

Mark Maske, of the Washington Post, reports NFL owners agreed to a system that increases the degree to which the teams share locally generated revenues, easing the concerns of some owners about a growing economic divide between clubs. The deal sets the salary cap for the players at slightly less than 60 percent of a greatly expanded pool of league revenues. The league's free-agent market is scheduled to open at 12:01 a.m. (EST) Friday, March 10. Teams must be under the new salary cap by Thursday night, March 9.

Bills | Team votes against new CBA

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:54:13 -0800

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Buffalo Bills were one of two teams to vote against the new NFL collective bargaining agreement.

Bengals | Team votes against new CBA

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:53:50 -0800

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Cincinnati Bengals were one of two teams to vote against the new NFL collective bargaining agreement.

NFL | New salary cap at $104 million

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:52:33 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the salary cap for the 2006 season will be set at $104 million. The free agency period will start at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, March 10.

I thought Free Agency was supposed to begin Thursday?

Since they re neogatioated the deal the teams can need more time to get under the deadline is my guess

also i was wondering why it was the Bengals and Bills that voted against it i thought it would be Jerry Jones and Snyder

but then agains How cheap is the owner of the Bengals (Paul Brown i think not sure) so not a big shocker but i am not sure about the Bills